//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Reverse Racism?

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    "moderately affluent background"?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Damon, you have the right to your opinion, absolutely. But I think you are stepping out of line in saying that the vast majority of the membership here grew up moderately affluent. I don't believe how much money a family has makes a damn bit of difference as to whether they "behave" or not. There are plenty of absolutely great people who are "poor" and there is also no shortage of complete asswipes who are "affluent".

Not that it's anyone's business but just saying, I was raised the eldest of four kids in a single income home of a wire mill worker... A very affluent 25K a year. No I didn't have it as tough as you growing up, but I know what it's like to not have much..What made me the man I am today is how my parents raised us, not how much or how little money dad made when we were growing up. My parents always put us kids first with everything they did.

Maybe I just took some DOHC bait on this that was intended to stir things up more..maybe not. I just think you are off base to assert that it's all about the money. That statement is pretty close to saying people who are poor get a pass for deciding to be criminals because they are jealous and have the right to act out....BS. Good morals cannot be bought, they are taught.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

What is Reverse Racism?

I was helped out slightly by my older brother on my very first bikes and they were dinosaurs compared to what most everyone else was riding. I was given a Nissan pickup from my uncle and the tranny fell out on the way home. I got $35 for the truck. I was also given my grandfather's 82 Mercury Cougar. Definitely the worst Cougar ever produced, wasn't worth anything at all. Everything I have has all been produced by me.

I know a lot of people that I grew up with that were handed everything and to this day don't know how to do anything for themselves. They don't own anything and will probably rent the rest of their lives because they need their hand held for everything.

I did have a good upbringing but we were on the lower end of middle class. My ex was brought up like Damon and the closer you got to her and the more you cared the harder she would bite. Me, family, whatever. Shoot to thrill. Just inflicting damage, heavy damage, on people who don't deserve it just for fun. "Some men just want to watch the world burn."

That goes for affluent, broke, and everything in between. I used to give my ex a pass because of her upbringing until I met more than a couple people all on separate occasions that took issue with me for giving her that pass. These were people who had a tough childhood as well, however they don't feel compelled to spread suffering.

It's a conscious decision not based on financial stability what kind of person you want to be. Of course there is genetics involved, however I feel the time for excuses passed a long time ago. If the people who are the cause of this problem are not only going to cause it but also act like the rest of us, who wish they would just stop acting like they need to be caged, are to blame, that's it. Enough is enough. Everyone sits around and lets them perpetuate their stereotype, it's glamorized and endorsed, and here we are.

Could very well be an intentional trigger also, a lit fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 08-12-2016 at 09:38 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 250r View Post
    That statement is saying people who are poor get a pass for deciding to be criminals because they are jealous and have the right to act out....BS. Good morals cannot be bought, they are taught.

Hope you don't mind Red, I fixed it for you.

Also: You could never understand our view, but give us your money and we'll be all better and stop stealing your stuff. For awhile.

Nice post D. Criticize Camino for judging others he doesn't know, but judge people here based on your assumption of the amount of wealth they may or may not possess. Got it.

I got some news for ya: Nobody who has more than someone else, whether perceived or real, is responsible for where that other person is on the economic ladder.

ETA: You guys should look up what's considered "poverty level" in this country. It amounts to much, much more than "moderately affluent" in countries where there is REAL poverty.
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 08-12-2016 at 11:18 PM.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    I got some news for ya: Nobody who has more than someone else, whether perceived or real, is responsible for where that other person is on the economic ladder.
    Where do see me saying anything remotely close to that?

--
    "moderately affluent background"?
    It's almost like, they cancel each other out. How ignorant of me.

--
    Nice post D. Criticize Camino for judging others he doesn't know, but judge people here based on your assumption of the amount of wealth they may or may not possess. Got it.
    I didn't give my opinion on whether I think what he did was right or wrong in his situation. I wasn't there. However I do strongly disagree with anyone blaming drug use on anyone else.

If you think there aren't kids living in filth and desperation right here in the USA then you are so very wrong. I won't address the poverty issue any longer.
    Last edited by DohcBikes; 08-13-2016 at 12:25 AM.

--
    Originally Posted by Scootertrash
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Where do see me saying anything remotely close to that?
    Close enough:

It's ALL about money, and the anger that the "have nots" harbor for the "haves"

--
    Close enough:
    Not even close. I didnt say it was ok to be angry that somebody has more, I only said that it's a reality. I absolutely didn't say that it was ok to blame anyone else for where you are on the "economic ladder". Everyone here missed my point, as expected.

The point regarding the original post, because that's the subject at hand, is that when you act out of fear, others may in turn act upon that fear. That's what happened here, like it or not. Since I've lived quite a while surrounded by people that prey on fear, I know that if he'd just stopped and said Hi instead of profiling, the encounter very likely would have been positive. Instead, it was left to assumption.

I knew there would only be one paragraph of what I said that anyone even paid attention to. It proved a point as well, one that I will keep to myself for use in the future.
    Last edited by DohcBikes; 08-13-2016 at 11:47 AM.

--
    It's going to be impossible to argue with me about this because I haven't said anyone here was wrong. In fact I agree with the vast majority of what almost every poster has stated. It's a very complicated issue. The question was asked, was he a victim of a hate crime. The answer in my opinion is no. Being a victim of an encounter that does no harm is a choice. It's just being offended. It's like saying "but mommy, he flipped me off"... No harm was done. Move on with your lives. Should you choose to continue to act in fear, predators will continue to act upon that fear. Simple as that.
    Last edited by DohcBikes; 08-13-2016 at 11:54 AM.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    It's because we're far too wealthy to understand.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    It's because we're far too wealthy to understand.

Not at all what I said. What I said was that I come from a very different background than most members here, which is the truth. Like it or not.

--
    I'm sorry, I had a C-note in my ear. Can you say that again?

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I'm sorry, I had a C-note in my ear. Can you say that again?
    That again.

--
    I didn't give my opinion on whether I think what he did was right or wrong in his situation.
    Sure you did. You blamed him for his perception of the individuals, you blamed him for profiling a group of individuals who stuck out from what he considered to be "normal" whether it was because of the way they were dressed or the way they acted, and you insinuated that he was teaching his children to be scared of individuals of a different race. You claimed he was jumped in his youth because he was seen as an "easy target", but then you criticize his actions as an adult where he pays attention to his surroundings and notices a group of individuals who stick out from the crowd, to avoid being seen as an easy target and/or a victim.

You then justified the black kids behavior for doing the same thing you claimed Camino did: Profiling Camino because of his actions, i.e. paying attention to him because he was paying attention to them, he was white and he was keeping an eye on them, so obviously he was in fear, then using intimidation by following him.

However I do strongly disagree with anyone blaming drug use on anyone else.
    Unless doctors and pharmaceutical companies are involved, right? Then they are responsible for turning patients into addicts. Misusing/abusing prescription drugs is no different that misusing/abusing illegal drugs, save for the fact that prescription drugs come with a set of instructions for proper usage.

If you think there aren't kids living in filth and desperation right here in the USA then you are so very wrong.
    Where did I say that?

You know, there will always be poor people, there will always be some "dirt poor" people, there will always be rich people and "filthy rich people". The only way for people to get out of "poverty" is to be responsible for themselves. Relying on others to fix your problems is a recipe for failure.

We've had welfare programs since the 30's and equal opportunity employment laws since the mid 60's. It's 2016 fer cryin out loud, and the "poor" and minorities still claim it's not enough, always being promised more by Liberal politicians. If they haven't figured it out by now they never will.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //