Thread: My 1985 XL250R

--

My 1985 XL250R

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaa....jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	233942

I have had it since 1993. Took off the turn signals and tail light. Put some dirt tires on it. Fun bike on the trails. Payed $800 back in '93. I could get more money for it now.

--
    Nice! I've got an 82. For sale in Great shape and cant even get a phone call about it!?!

--
    Drained the carbs and refilled with new gas on the weekend.

Started first kick. Let my friend take it out while I rode my trike. I love my old XL Great bike. Good power with dual carbs and exhaust ports.

--
    Very nice!

--
    Very nice! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	235361 here is my 1986. Photo taken on the Paiute Trail near Marysvale, UT this last August.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaa....jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	233942
    I could get more money for it now.
    I doubt it

Still a cool bike though.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    I doubt it

In my area. This would sell for $1200.00 easy.

--
    Ok. I do see much higher pricing for trikes and parts in canada, it makes sense. Yours is nice, I think you could get 1200 here on the right day, but 800-1000 would be the going rate.

--
    I'm not familiar with the market there in Canada but here in Oregon, I could expect to get $1500+. I doubt I will ever sell it though. Too good of a bike to part with. Its paid for and nearly as good as anything newer. The thing is so sturdy too. It survives the abuse I put it through better than I do thats for sure as I'm painfully experiencing.

--
    Ok. I do see much higher pricing for trikes and parts in canada, it makes sense. Yours is nice, I think you could get 1200 here on the right day, but 800-1000 would be the going rate.
    Dollar plays a big factor. US/Canadian. Up here. A good Honda is hard to find. Be it a trike or Dirtybike from back in the day. Most people hold on to them. Old Hondas hold there value. At least here. I have seem some sweet deals in the US as far as trikes... But then factor is the exchange rate...

All depends on the market and location. Seen some stuff go for cheap.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Herboso View Post
    I'm not familiar with the market there in Canada but here in Oregon, I could expect to get $1500+. I doubt I will ever sell it though. Too good of a bike to part with. Its paid for and nearly as good as anything newer. The thing is so sturdy too. It survives the abuse I put it through better than I do thats for sure as I'm painfully experiencing.
    The 86 is a much improved machine over the 85. XR250R guys know this. Bigger forks, more travel, more power, less carbs, lighter weight, etc.

--
    I doubt it

$800CND is like $600USD. He'd get that easily.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    $800CND is like $600USD. He'd get that easily.
    If I put it up for sale for $800.00CND FIRM. My phone would be ringing off the hook.

--
    Well. Got my kickstand welded up as it has been in 2 pieces for the last 2 years. LOL I could not find one cheap on ebay.

Fresh gas in it a couple weeks ago. New plug and made a couple adjustments. Fired right up. Hoping to get a ride in on Sunday. I got a new bike carrier for the back of my van. Attaches to the hitch. Assembled it but have to make adjustments for my bike and figure out a good tie-down for traveling.

Carrier I got cheap. Brand new $50.00. 500LBS capacity.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Well. Clutch was slipping bad last year. I mean bad at the end. Slipping in 2nd and 3rd. Replaced the clutch. EBC. Friction and steel plates. Went with original springs.
    Oil change. New plug.
    1 kick through. Next one it fired up and ran like a boss. Popped in a new clutch cable. Old unit was seized. Runs like a top.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //