//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 100 year flood in my town...

--

100 year flood in my town...

Vermilion River is at major flood stage. 10' is flood stage. It's at 18' currently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Hope all your family and property are on high ground !!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sledcrazyinCT View Post
    Hope all your family and property are on high ground !!
    The highest elevation is 44' above sea level. My home sits at 38' so we should be good. There is still more rain to come and there is many people with water in their homes. The last time the river got this high was in 1940. It was at 25' which is about seven feet higher than it is currently. Needless to say that the population in 1940 was about 5-10% the size as it is now.

Had to basically rescue my oldest daughter from her friends house this morning. People are stubborn down here. I offered to take the other girls and parents to our house but they stayed even though all of their neighbors homes were already flooded. We've got nearly 20' of rainfall in the last 36 hrs. Crazy...
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Glad your okay buddy. I'd hate to overcome a loss like some will....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    There is still a lot of people in need of rescue. Local sheriff office is handling everything on a case by case basis. They haven't asked for any volunteers. I'm trained in water rescue and familiar with my area. I'll be up at sunlight looking to help people. As for tonight, been a long day, when all else fails, cook a gumbo.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3382.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	406.2 KB 
ID:	233996

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Be safe Buddy.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Take care and be safe man. Water is a relentless .It ruins everything.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Huge bummer. Glad you're safe

Another member' home in Zachary is flooded too. lost his cars, bikes, tools... everything is under water. At least he, his family, and his animals are safe.

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That's terrible. I'm 30 min from Zachary. I have family that's been stuck inside over there but no home damage yet I don't think.
    There are people that's been stuck on the interstate since yesterday on little islands waiting to be rescued. On top of that all AT&T phone service is off.
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

--
    Of course when a cell phone would be helpful in an emergency the towers are down.

jonolanracin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I know how aweful floods are in 2011 it flooded hete the worse ever and we lost our house shop everything we moved out so we got to save our posessions so that was good but losing you family home of 50 years is hard i so hope you get lucky and stay high and dry good luck to you. If i was smart enough id post pics of our flood but i not computer litterate lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jonolanracin View Post
    I know how aweful floods are in 2011 it flooded hete the worse ever and we lost our house shop everything we moved out so we got to save our posessions so that was good but losing you family home of 50 years is hard i so hope you get lucky and stay high and dry good luck to you. If i was smart enough id post pics of our flood but i not computer litterate lol
    I remember 2011, that was insane. Definitely the hottest summer I've ever experienced. If I remember correctly Louisiana and Texas were in a drought and the rivers and bayous still rose.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    I'm relieved to hear that your home is high enough to stay above water. Good luck, and be safe!
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

--
    Don't float away bud, I need somewhere to go next year on vacation. Stay safe.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Sorry to see and hear this Jmoozy, prayers to you and your community. I see there is a disturbance out in the Atlantic forming that may become tropical, need to keep an eye on that for sure!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //