//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 100 year flood in my town...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    Don't float away bud, I need somewhere to go next year on vacation. Stay safe.
    Not to worry Pete, my home and family is high and dry. There are many less fortunate than myself. Our communities and businesses are really pulling together to help those in need. I spent all of Sunday morning performing rescues in flooded neighborhoods before being called to work. It's just crazy how fast all of this happened.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Sorry to see and hear this Jmoozy, prayers to you and your community. I see there is a disturbance out in the Atlantic forming that may become tropical, need to keep an eye on that for sure!!
    Roger that Clean, we still have 2 months of storm season ahead. Storm surge would be catastrophic if indeed a hurricane blows through. We shall pray for the best.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The waters are rising in a lot of areas due to flooding tributaries. I've been working in Jennings and they are requesting people evacuate different areas as the Mermentau river is peaking and lake Arthur is starting to flood. Interstate 10 has been closed from Baton Rouge to Crowley. Travel sucks right now.
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

100 year flood in my town...

Another thing that bothers me is the amount of psychos running around because of the disaster going on. Someone tried to steal my truck box while I was at the grocery store in the middle of the day but must've gotten scared in the middle and run off. I hear talk of looters all over. We always get the bad one here. Same thing happened after Katrina.
    Some guys I talked to said they've been rescuing people in their boats but had to leave because a guy was shooting across the river toward them or at them.

Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsesRibb View Post
    Another thing that bothers me is the amount of psychos running around because of the disaster going on. Someone tried to steal my truck box while I was at the grocery store in the middle of the day but must've gotten scared in the middle and run off. I hear talk of looters all over.
    Wait till the economic collapse goes down and all these gung ho civilians that talk about being prepared for civil war are running around starving and shooting each other.

Very glad to hear you are up high enough to stay safe J. Mighty kind of you to help others in need, we would expect no less from you.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsesRibb View Post
    The waters are rising in a lot of areas due to flooding tributaries. I've been working in Jennings and they are requesting people evacuate different areas as the Mermentau river is peaking and lake Arthur is starting to flood. Interstate 10 has been closed from Baton Rouge to Crowley. Travel sucks right now.
    Right on, I've been at the Walmarks in crowley since Sunday. Backwater flooding from Bayou Plaquemine caused the oil change bay to fill with water. The oil tank floated and released its contents. The level finally dropped a few inches throughout the day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpeg   image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    That looks like a big freakin mess.

--
    I'm surprised you were able to get all those pumps!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    How did all this mess turn out???? Everything back in order??/Ol Deuce
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Deuce View Post
    How did all this mess turn out???? Everything back in order??/Ol Deuce
    Pretty much so, some are still dealing with the aftermath aka FEMA / insurance companies. But for the most part everything is back to normal. We are actually in a bit of a drought currently.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //