//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 350X engine in an '85 250R frame?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I'll buy the 250R swinger and and frame. See done deal.
    If you're serious, I would like to sell it. You would have the choice of an 85 or 86 swinger. Or both if you like! If not, I'll find someone locally that may want them. I need the room (and the $) to start on the 500 conversion. Anyone who may be interested, PM me!

--
    if your going to stuff an engine that big in there, why not look at a CRF250R? close to the same size but 2-3Xs the performance and is water cooled so you can run all day and not over heat.

for suspension, you can look at custom triples and I would get a metaltech custom swing arm made. would cost around $600-$650 and you can get in in any length you want. we are running a custom done one on the Baja trike that will use a 86 250r hub and brake assembly and bolt to the 350x chassis. Those guys do great work!

rear shock? talk to Milner, he can build what ever you want. Onformula1

take the stock 250r and get it modified with better springs, better piston and valve design, longer clevis for more travel, and re-anodized for strength and wear.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Ya actually don't talk to Milner.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Wow! Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I really appreciate it. I think I'll just let the frame and swing arm go to a needy enthusiast and buy a complete 350X down the line. Unless I hit the Powerball. Then I'll have my TPC setup I've been drooling over for the past 2 months. Thanks again y'all!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //