//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What boots do you wear?

--
    I love my FOX Tech 5's. I tried Gaerne and Thor and both would not break in well at the ankle.

I don't always shift up, I shift by opening my left knee outwards. But, a good broke in set of boots is fine as well.

I do raise my shifter a spline or so; Some people do have trouble shifting with a big stiff riding boot.

I've been wearing riding boots since I was 20 plus years younger than I am now.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I have always worn workboots like Fabio I also shift with my ankle . This year I found a deal on a used pair of Thor Ratchet boots. They are realy stiff person I bought them from wore them about 20 minutes. I didn't wear the boots till a few weeks ago mx practice with some friends and a couple test rides on my 200r. This past Saturday I decided to wear them racing and its a good thing I did. My foot slipped off the peg and went under the rear tire. My ankle is a little sore but could have been worse. I raced another practice, 2 heat and 2 mains. for drag racing it will still be workboots. Its weird for me with the riding boots. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200r a.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	234277
    Last edited by atc300r; 08-23-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    250r rules

--
    I wear Alpinestas Tech 3, I was told they arnt as stiff as tech 5 or 10. I also leave the top buckles loose so I can shift with my ankle.

--
    I used to wear the Harley Davidson faded glory. My first pair was screwed together in the front and rear. The tread was the same material used in motorcycle tires. I had them for years before I got a car. After 5 years, I felt like I needed to replace them. They were worn down to the point that the screw heads were half gone lol. After my last pair fell apart after a few months, I was done with the brand all together. First the tread wore out and was HOLLOW within 3 months. After that, the front half of the sole started separating from the boot. The manufacturing process went to to china...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wolve45731_4168_jb.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	234278

They make an ok bike. That's it. OK. My old 77 gold wing will run circles around them all day. It wont rattle apart or suffer from death wobbles.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--

Old work boots

I normally wear an old pair of caterpillar slip on work boots. Although my foot has been pulled off and under the foot pegs on a couple occasions on very rocky terrain. I never got hurt to bad just a minor sprain. I have thought alot about buying proper riding boots ever since. A good pair of boots are alot cheaper than a hospital bill in my opnion. Now I'm off to look for some riding boots.
    1982 ATC185s
    1982 Suspended ATC185s
    1984 ATC70
    1984 ATC 250r
    19?? Motorcraft Three wheeler
    1974 Pacesetter 3
    1984 kawasaki 185
    1977 Atc 90
    1983 ATC 200x

My suspended ATC185s build thread.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...s-Build-Thread

--
    My old ones broke two weeks ago and I just bought these

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1561.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	234284
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Those are nice! I'd like to get the 2016 jt racing boots. My old tech 8's will have to do for now

--
    Quote Originally Posted by schlepp29 View Post
    Those are nice! I'd like to get the 2016 jt racing boots. My old tech 8's will have to do for now
    You wouldn't believe how comfortable they are. They have a flex joint built into the ball of the ankle. After a few rides to break in the leather you don't know they are there. I highly recommend. Way better than the fox or the alpines. I have tested quite a few.

trikeguy2014 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Anyone ride in any shorty Mx boots like the Oneals or Thor ones?
    One of the Haspin Locals
    Trikefest 12' 13' 14' 15' 16' 17'

Trikes owned

1985 Honda atc 250r - raced by yours truly #27
    1985 Honda atc 250es big red- Dad bought new from Ike's Honda in Richmond Indiana
    1984 Honda atc 200s - raced by Evan Pflum #3

--
    I haven't but often wondered about the shorty's. Question for yaegerb, what do those boots cost? Do they have them in red white and blue?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by schlepp29 View Post
    I haven't but often wondered about the shorty's. Question for yaegerb, what do those boots cost? Do they have them in red white and blue?
    yes they have them in that color scheme. check out the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111978942931...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

--
    Those boots cost more than my any one of my Rides!!!

Man I'm cheap. lol
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberSalt View Post
    Those boots cost more than my any one of my Rides!!!

Man I'm cheap. lol

How much are your head, feet and legs worth to you? I like walking and thinking. Just sayin'

--
    The new jt boots are 200 bucks, but for another 50 those sidi boots look a little better made. Glad I saw this.

FastZ28 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have 2 pairs, the AXO Slammer 1 and AXO Slammer II's. I see the that AXO now has a different shorty called the Slammer Boot. Looks like a hiking boot tread and mx latches. http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/o..._slammer+boots
    84 Z28 Camaro
    94 Caprice 9C1
    02 2500HD Silverado 4x4 ext cab
    84 atc70
    85 250R
    87 Big Red
    90 VTR 250

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //