//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Future build W/ 1st Gen 200x frame

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --

Future build W/ 1st Gen 200x frame

So I've been kicking the idea around to make a sled pulling monster out of a 1st Gen frame I have that's gathering dust. I started thinking about this after seeing a Honda Odyssey with a Gold wing engine. Sadly we didn't see it in action because it was geared way too high and would kill itself when taking off with the sled behind it. The driver wouldn't listen to the audience to ride the clutch. But anyways, I wasn't wanting to do a common engine with the 200x and it's a soft tail which I think it might be better to take the shock out and make it a hard tail.

1: Engine; what engine would you guys put in this? I'm not talking about an auto x but something unique like the Odyssey with the gold wing engine. Yes I know, I have to fabricate and make engine mounts. I was wondering about a banshee engine but Im thinking not since there is a 200x already with a banshee engine on Facebook. I'm gunna be up against old timers and Thier cub cadet lawn mowers with diesels engines that have been chipped to the max. I can pretty much do anything with this frame.

2: Shock; should I take the shock out and make it a hard tail or leave it?

This will be a future build so don't expect anything soon

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AK47KID; 08-22-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

JesseA420 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    i would start with contacting the sanctioning body with your intents and see if and what they will allow.

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseA420 View Post
    i would start with contacting the sanctioning body with your intents and see if and what they will allow.
    They allow anything. And if they say no trikes I will remind them with all the videos of them saying "Bring any thing"

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    1. I'm normally all for cutting up a machine and going crazy with it, but unfortunately the 200x frame is pretty puny and the suspension won't take much more than its already got. ..http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...now-what-to-do . it's a small diameter frame and if you stuff a large engine in there it'll Crack apart. But it would be sweet to see a peppy liquid 2 stroke in it! It's been done before but that's because it'll actually work. Something like a cr125 engine could make a 200x a zippy machine without adding 40 pounds. If you really want a sled pulling rig maybe start with a bike and convert it to a 3 wheeler.

2. If you want a hard tail why don't you get a hard tail? Ie, 185, 200, something like that. They are far more common than a 200x and can often be picked up free cuz people are sick of looking at them. The 200x was cool because it has suspension, so please don't do that.

I understand the desire to do something original, but don't be hasty. Think it through and have a good end goal. A sled pulling trike made from a gsxr or something could be sweet
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plevib View Post
    1. I'm normally all for cutting up a machine and going crazy with it, but unfortunately the 200x frame is pretty puny and the suspension won't take much more than its already got. ..http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...now-what-to-do . it's a small diameter frame and if you stuff a large engine in there it'll Crack apart. But it would be sweet to see a peppy liquid 2 stroke in it! It's been done before but that's because it'll actually work. Something like a cr125 engine could make a 200x a zippy machine without adding 40 pounds. If you really want a sled pulling rig maybe start with a bike and convert it to a 3 wheeler.

2. If you want a hard tail why don't you get a hard tail? Ie, 185, 200, something like that. They are far more common than a 200x and can often be picked up free cuz people are sick of looking at them. The 200x was cool because it has suspension, so please don't do that.

I understand the desire to do something original, but don't be hasty. Think it through and have a good end goal. A sled pulling trike made from a gsxr or something could be sweet
    To make it a hard tail I was just gunna fab up a square piece of metal and use it. I don't plan on making it permanent. Hard tails are gard to come by in Oregon. Even trikes in that matter. Nothing I'm going to do will be permanent. Besides the PO of this bike did his own thing and it has flaws. Like there's a freakin ball hitch on the swing arm welded to the carrier. And other things that were removed with and replaced with wrong hardware.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //