//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 350x maiden voyage-pic attatched- need clutch help

--
    Thanks for the replies! I will do my best to get them apart this evening then place an order for clutch & plates tonight from Honda East Toledo.

Where to get springs though as Honda ones are discontinued?

--
    You don't need to unstake the clutch hub nut and remove the clutch to simply replace the discs, plates, and springs. All you have to do is remove the springs as you have, remove the pressure plate, and then all the plates and discs will slide right out.

However, if the clutch basket fingers are grooved, removing the clutch from the engine does make for easier filing and prevents unwanted filings from finding their way into the engine as they would likely do if you filed the fingers with the clutch installed.

Clutch kits and components: Here is an example of what just one online vendor offers for the 350x http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarke...ion/pl0?m=1916
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Got new clutch and plates ordered- bought OEM from Hindu East Toledo. Spec'd everything out - seem good to go! The inner and out clutch baskets do have markings which I imagine I have to file down (dammit!)

Need to find clutch springs- I think Barnett is a good brand. Anyone???

Red and Brendon - see attached pic of baskets

Anyone know a good tool for holding the clutch (when putting the nut on)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160830_202940.jpg   20160830_195647.jpg  

--
    It does look like those basket fingers need resurfacing, but I've seen worse brought back to good working order, so you should be fine. A steady hand with a fine flat file will do the trick.

Clutch springs: Yeah, Barnett should be fine. I prefer HD clutch springs myself and if I recall Barnett only offers HD springs. Yes, they will give you a heavier clutch lever but I like the added insurance against slippage with higher HP machines. Just my personal preference.

If you don't have a clutch holder for torquing the hub nut, it's not too hard to make one with two pieces of sturdy flat stock with a 90 degree bend about 1" from the end of each. Hold the two pieces like scissors and mock up the best fit with the clutch hub grooves. Mark the point of intersection on each piece, drill a hole and bolt them together. Viola, home made clutch hub holder. I had one of these kicking around somewhere......
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Look at you go. Still living out this way I see. Living in Wilson these days. Should grab a beer.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //