//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Ohtsu H-Trak Big Red 250ES Tire Value? Should I Sell?

killerklown is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Ohtsu H-Trak Big Red 250ES Tire Value? Should I Sell?

Hey guys,
    Getting ready to sell my 85 Big Red to fund another awesome project. This has the original rear tires, and I know sometimes they bring some real good money. Are these still nice enough that I should sell separate on ebay or something? I assume selling the machine locally not many people will realize how cool they are. Or do I just leave them on like any other used tire?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8943.JPG   IMG_8944.JPG   IMG_8945.JPG   IMG_8946.JPG   IMG_8947.JPG   IMG_8948.JPG  

IMG_8949.JPG   IMG_8950.JPG   IMG_8951.JPG  

--
    I'd sell separate

--
    Don't know your situation or asking price or condition of the trike, but....
    I bought a Big Red last week and one of the reasons was it still had original tires.

One huge determining factor for me when deciding to pull the trigger is "does it have original rubber."
    Seeing original tires in use in the Craigslist ad tells me enough of the history of the machine to buy with confidence.
    In the case of my last two purchases it was a big deciding factor ie. if I don't see oem rubber in the ad, I'm moving along.

That's my 2 cents. YMMV.

--
    I never understood the fixation on original rubber , garage queens are always a shame because they generally don't get used. Only my 125m has original tires and it's about time for a change.

--
    I sold a set (3) of NOS big red 250 tires for $800 2 years ago. I can't imagine you'd get that much for used ones so I guess it's up to you to decide if you'll make more selling them separate or not. I would imagine after you bought replacements for them you wouldn't be that far ahead
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    Don't know your situation or asking price or condition of the trike, but....
    I bought a Big Red last week and one of the reasons was it still had original tires.

One huge determining factor for me when deciding to pull the trigger is "does it have original rubber."
    Seeing original tires in use in the Craigslist ad tells me enough of the history of the machine to buy with confidence.
    In the case of my last two purchases it was a big deciding factor ie. if I don't see oem rubber in the ad, I'm moving along.

That's my 2 cents. YMMV.
    That's the first thing I look at on a used machine. Original tires and it's most likely coming home with me.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by whyat View Post
    I never understood the fixation on original rubber , garage queens are always a shame because they generally don't get used. Only my 125m has original tires and it's about time for a change.
    Because if the original tires are on the machine AND in good condition, it means that the machine is probably in VERY good overall condition. The tires are usually quick to go on a machine that is stored outside or left neglected for a long time. Good condition tires means that the owner (typically) has taken good care of the machine and therefore if I'm buying, I can be confident that the rest of the machine has a good chance of being solid.

Of course this isn't a 100% always true rule, but I do think the odds are better of getting a better machine.
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
    Because if the original tires are on the machine AND in good condition, it means that the machine is probably in VERY good overall condition. The tires are usually quick to go on a machine that is stored outside or left neglected for a long time. Good condition tires means that the owner (typically) has taken good care of the machine and therefore if I'm buying, I can be confident that the rest of the machine has a good chance of being solid.

Of course this isn't a 100% always true rule, but I do think the odds are better of getting a better machine.
    Fair enough, you make a great point.

--
    I usually look for a quality tire that doesn't wear out. If the machine has them, it tells you the owner really cared and didn't want to put cheap tires on them. If i see a Trail Pro, I know that machine was cared for and they wanted it to last.

LOL
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //