//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 ytm 225 running issue

--

1984 ytm 225 running issue

I have a 1984 YTM 225 dx runs good idling and wide open throttle but anything in between it cuts out like spark is breaking up would that be the cdi or stator? my jetting is 115 main and 22.5 pilot only mods to this bike is full dg exhaust and a 10: 25: 1 std piston needle is 3rd or 4th notch from top of the needle uni air filter with factory air box
    if you think three wheeler are dangerous then you actually don't know how to ride properly

--
    Did it ever run correctly for you? Do you remember when the problem began? Did it act different after storing the trike for a period of time? Anymore clues man?

--
    Yamaha 225DX
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1841.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	234581
    MF!

--
    Yeah it ran great at one time it started after I moved to pa in July after storing it I dumped the old gas out put fresh 93 octane in dumped and ran the carb through the ultrasonic put everything back to gather and the problem starts to clean up and go away maybe a day or two then it comes back again. I have a service manual for it so I'm going to run some test today but I just didn't know if someone else had this problem before. It just sounds like it's farting out the exhaust in middle throttle
    if you think three wheeler are dangerous then you actually don't know how to ride properly

--
    it could be the coil or crank trigger which is cheap i would buy both and try that if its the coil its called spark break up it could also be the cdi misfiring but from what ive read i would try the coil its cheap and easy to replace if that doesnt work then i would also try the crank trigger it part of the stator also when you take it apart you might want to make sure there is no rubbing marks from a loose bolt hold the crank trigger it will cause miss firing if the fylwheel is damaged theres all sorts of possiblities but i would start with the electrical system since you have a clean carb the stator is kind of hard to get to so i would replace spark plug, coil then cdi and if it sill does it try the stator crank trigger mine did the same thing but its a 200 i just rode it till it came out of it and have had no problems since it sat for 3-5 years before i got it but my problem i believe was the carb even thou it did the same thing if yours has a fuel filter either clean it out or replace it it may be not enough flow of gas to the carb like fuel pressure regulator in cars

sanchez is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Choke it if that makes it better reject.
    Appearing since '07

Looking for a place to happen...
    Making stops, along the way

--
    What DG Muffler fits this trike?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave Trike View Post
    What DG Muffler fits this trike?
    Its a full exhaust system. Still available brand new. I have one on mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401347237828

--
    Does it have a butterfly choke or an enrichment plunger. My kawasaki ran like that when the enrichment plunger was frozen up in the bore.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //