//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Is it possible

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --

Is it possible

would a new MC/ATV company have a chance to survive in this modern world? I mean going up against honda, Yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, ect... I'm trying to weigh my options for a future. Nothing gets my attention more than an explosion in a cylinder.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The biggest hurdle I would think to be getting past the red tape regulations
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

--
    Forget about this fantasy nonsense.

Go to the track. Do whatever it takes to get a spot on a race team doing whatever they ask you to do.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Always aim high kid! Reach for the stars, but be realistic.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Is it possible

There is always room for products that people like. It's not an easy path however. If you are thinking starting a company that manufactures trikes there are probably going to be problems. One of which, and it is kind of sad is the market itself. Trikes where on the way out before the ban. Granted there will always be enthusiasts, but probably not a really big market. Looks like ATVs in general are much less popular these days. The majority of people buy UTV's, carts and buggies.
    For instance, in my area, there is a small company named American Sportworks which makes UTVs and go carts. I believe they are somehow related to Manco which used to make trikes back in the day. Not high performance stuff, but they work and parts are available.
    This is in itself kind of a niche market I guess but they've been around for years and seem to do ok.
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

--
    Ask yourself why the major manufacturers are no longer fielding MX teams. The entire off-road powersports industry is on the decline.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47KID View Post
    would a new MC/ATV company have a chance to survive in this modern world? I mean going up against honda, Yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, ect... I'm trying to weigh my options for a future. Nothing gets my attention more than an explosion in a cylinder.

Erik Buell comes to mind as a case study if you are looking to do some research.
    Also a degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering would be a very good start.

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    Erik Buell comes to mind as a case study if you are looking to do some research.
    Also a degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering would be a very good start.
    #jobcore

Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //