//ArrowChat Code

Thread: kawasaki 900zxi

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

kawasaki 900zxi

As most of y'all know there was major flooding in south Louisiana. My family and house was fine but many were not so lucky. But through the madness I find a Kawasaki 900zxi jet ski sitting in a pile of junk and the owner says I can have it. It needs an engine rebuild from water getting in the motor and some cosmetic work but its all there and seems to be in good shape. I have been wanting a jet ski for awhile now and free is the best price right? If anyone knows anything about this jetski let me know about any common problems. Ill try to post some pics when I get home.

--
    great oldie but goody. pretty fast for a fist time and should be pretty nimble. not as big as todays skis. which is why i prefer mid to late 90s skis.

is the motor locked up? go ahead and pull the mount bolts, pull the motor forward off the coupler and try to spin it. only way to know if the motor really had water is to pull the heads. if that good, pull the intake and spin the motor so you can see the crank shaft for rust. if not locked up and no holes in the case, but rusty, you can trade it and $9xx to sbt for a new rebuilt. or check ebay for a motor. make sure wear ring is good in the pump (jet thruster) and then you can start making sure electronics are in working order. thats a topic for when you get there. kawi electronics are easy thankfully.

post some pics. pull the cover off the electronics box and snap a few. through the jet pump nozzle as well.

--
    The motor was not locked up but when we pulled the head and the cylinders off the the motor was full of water but I think we got to it just in time the rust had not set in yet were just going to rebuild it ourselves don't have the cash to drop a grand on a rebuilt motor. We checked all the electronics out and they seem to work just fine even the trim. The sad part is the ski looks to be really low hours. If the motor had not had water in it it would have run with just a carb kit.

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Drain the water, put it back together and run it. I sank my 800 skidoo 3 times in the same day playing around hydroplaning a river. Pulled the plugs out, spun the motor over till no water came out of the plug holes and it fired right back up and off to play again. 2 strokes are pretty tolerant to water getting in them, as long as it wasn't running when it went under.

--
    That's pretty much the plan but since we already took the cylinders off. were gonna go ahead and hone the cylinders and get new rings and gaskets. oh here are the pics IClick image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160908_001.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	345.1 KB 
ID:	234708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160908_002.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	335.0 KB 
ID:	234709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160908_003.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	328.7 KB 
ID:	234710Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160908_004.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	393.1 KB 
ID:	234711 promised

--
    Jet Ski!!

Can you imagine - Weed eater, Lawnmower, Riding lawnmower, Tiller, Snow thrower, Motocycles/DB's and trikes/quads, Chain saw, Edger, Generator just to name a few....

Time is of the essense

You can fix all that stuff pretty easy; But not any computer controlled schitt!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //