//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Honda Grom

--

Honda Grom

thoughts on converting this? looks cool. 125cc fuel injected?? anyone have one?
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    A converted grom for the street would be deeee-eeee-eee--cent!! Great idea, ignore all opposing opinions in this thread and go do it tomorrow!!!

It would be simple as pie to convert because they have tons of quads built with this motor configuration in them and the swingarm alignment would be right on.

They make 183cc big bore kits that more than double the horsepower.

You could build the gnarliest street legal drift trike ever. Or put dirt tires on it and call it enduro. Flat track it. Whatever.

--
    Debbie Downer here. It would be cool bUT I don't know ow anyone who would spend 3k on a mini to then put another 1-2k I to come venting it to a trike. But it would be really cool
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Never thought of converting one, that's interesting. However, I gave been drooling at Groms ever since they came out, I think they're cool as heck. I'd love one for my 6 mile back road commute to work, which could involve a trail or two if I was so inclined. Of course, weird little bikes have always appealed to me. I liked the EZ90 too when it came out.
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

--
    I too, have been drooling over these and I'm not even into bikes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6SVKlG9Iiak

There's a handful that cruise around in the small city where I work. I saw one of them leading a pack of about ten regular sized street bikes. One of the funniest things I saw all summer.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    The grome is sweet, but I still want a cub ez 90 over one. Groms are all over at the mx tracks as pit bikes.

--
    Hey Dan, here is a viable option for less than half the price. TXpowersports is an excellent dealer with excellent customer service.

https://www.txpowersports.com/125cc_...125ccvader.htm

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    What's the story with that bike? Who makes it? Is it a turd?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    What's the story with that bike? Who makes it? Is it a turd?
    They are built by Chongqing Yujue Electrical-Mechanical Co in China. They maintain a partnership with Lifan, a fine manufacturer of engines. The engine in that bike is a 154fmi, a model with proven reliability. I've personally installed one 154fmi, in a ct90, and I was very impressed. As for the motorcycle itself, never ridden one. I will say that if you click the "More pictures" tab there are quite a few highly detailed photos, and the bike looks really nice. As with any mass produced chinese bike that doesn't go through a dealership setup, tighten everything, and put good oil and brake fluid in it, and bleed the brakes, same as the dealers do at the japanese dealerships. I wouldn't hesitate to call TX powersports and ask them how they like the bike. Their customer service department seems to get a lot of great reviews.

The bike looks really well built, and is a virtual copy of the grom.

VADER

GROM

--
    Has anyone ever thought of converting a rebel? I'm looking to move up in bike size and I could sell mine to get the new bigger bike or keep it and convert it.

--
    Old post I know my son has wanted a Honda grom for the past yr. We went to check them out today they are or look to be nice bikes for the cost. A bit small for me but my son fit ok on it. He’s got a few grand saved up for a vehicle, he wants a nice 4x4 truck but that’s way outa his $range. So we’re going to think about this for a couple weeks.
    “If” he gets one he would like to convert it to 3-wheels. It’s not for highway use but is street legal (top speed is about 50) it’s just for around town, he started a co-op job a couple wks ago doing metal/fab/welding for a town building Dept a couple towns away (making decent $) for a 17 almost 18yr old....they want him full time for the summer which is “great” it’ll keep him outa trouble because girls are playing mind games w/him driving him nutz...(that’s another story)
    He figures banking full time pay until school starts in September then back to part time (40hrs every other wk) he could afford to buy a truck he wants by winter.
    So yup he wants one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C6D9669A-B515-42FB-81D7-50A25767DBEB.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	258470
    The conversion kit is discontinued I found but doesn’t look that difficult Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0E3CBC4B-AA46-4910-ABEB-F1DFE194CA77.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	258471 I’d want to make it safe road worthy so I’d beef up any rear wheel system I found or buy.
    Of course this may just be a dream for him/////“Mom hasn’t decided yet” I don’t trust any of the drivers out there either everyone’s texting or on the phone. He’s got maybe a 50/50 chance on this bike happening.
    Thanks for listening.
    If anything happens w/this I’ll let ya know.
    Shep

Edit: the more I think about it, it’s probably a bad idea.
    Last edited by Shep1970; 05-11-2019 at 05:54 PM.

--
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    And for $500 cheaper than a Grom........there's the Kawasaki Z125

I'm leaning towards one of these for the RV because I want to be different

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-14-19-45-09.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	258489

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Edit: the more I think about it, it’s probably a bad idea.
    Yeah, it is an extremely bad idea in every possible way for his application. Aside from the obvious safety issue, he will be throwing money away by converting it that he could save and put towards a truck. Won't be too many people lining up to buy a grom converted to a 3 wheeler.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    And for $500 cheaper than a Grom........there's the Kawasaki Z125
    ummm...did you forget that you are talking to honda people here?

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I'm leaning towards one of these for the RV because I want to be different
    Why don't you get something vintage lik an xl125, you could also take it off road some if you wanted. Can't do that with the Kawi, plus it won't depreciate as much.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //