//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 350X Clutch Lever Needle Bearings

Qdude79 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    ...and the fun part is...

I already pulled and junked them, thinking I could simply order new ones.
    "Still occupied with 1985"

200X- restored to near original and SOLD
    350X- back in black
    250R- she purdy...

Qdude79 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Any other ideas? I thought about calling Service Honda, but I'm guessing they'd just say that they don't carry them...

350X- back in black
    250R- she purdy...

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Ok, here is how it usually works . If it has bearings and they are factory and are not shown on the parts fiche which they definitely are not, they are NOT sold separately, therefore, you must buy the cover to get the OEM ones . The reason I know this is because I was not only a parts manager at 2 different Honda motorcycle shops in the 70's, I also worked for Kawasaki motors.

Also, the id of the seal size is 12mm . This typically means that if the od of the shaft the seal goes on is the same size (in this case it is your clutch actuator arm) from top to bottom, the id of the bearing is actually 12mm, not 11 . This means that if you calipers are measuring this dimension inaccurately, it is also measuring all dimensions inaccurately.

As mentioned, once you get the correct measurement, you can likely get one from a bearing supply store . If you can't find the exact length, one that is a few mm shorter will also work fine . A slightly longer one will also work if you have clearance for the additional length.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    I've got a few bearing supply places near me, I wonder if I just took the cover and the shaft in with me if they could figure out what I need...

350X- back in black
    250R- she purdy...

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Qdude79 View Post
    I've got a few bearing supply places near me, I wonder if I just took the cover and the shaft in with me if they could figure out what I need...
    Never know until you try but I know that some of them in my area could figure it out and some others don't have the ability to and only sell what people ask for.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    I replaced the top one, but the bottom one is not EZ to remove. typically unless your getting grinding, you leave them alone as all they do is help guide the shifter lever. some people replace them with a custom bushing. I have done this on many motors of many different types. the really important thing is the seal at the top. make sure you replace that seal.
    the bearings, you can get the top one out and get the #s off and order them from online.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Already trashed 'em, thinking I could just order them from Service Honda (whoops!). Didn't want to leave them, though I agree that they probably wouldn't have been abused, because of the sandblasting part of the powder coating process. Had I known...

350X- back in black
    250R- she purdy...

--
    Ding ding ding!!

We have a winner! Today I installed two bearings, part #HK1210 and they work! Threw them in the freezer for a bit, then drove 'em home!

350X- back in black
    250R- she purdy...

ctk is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Where did your find the part number at?
    Chris

--
    Trial and error at two different parts houses until I found a match.

350X- back in black
    250R- she purdy...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //