//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyno tuned my 350x

--

Dyno tuned my 350x

Haven't been here in a while but I thought you guys may appreciate it more than anyone else. It made 29.81 hp to the wheels and 21.91 ft lb of tq.

If someone can tell me how to do it I will post video and a pic of the dyno sheet.
    Last edited by Big Daddys 350x; 09-20-2016 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Hit submit too soon

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Nice, did you try different timing settings also?

The only way I know how to post a video is to download it to youtube then post the youtube link.

If you have a jpeg link to the photo, one way to post it is to put [img] in front of the link and [/img] after it with no space inbetween.

Some other computer whiz will likely be more helpful and should come along soon to help.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	235054 here is the dyno sheet pic. Still not sure on how to post the video I'm not youtube savvy.
    God My Wife My Kids My Toys

--
    No sir to the best of my knowledge the timing can't be adjusted. I can post a pic of the tq and hp curves too if anyone is interested.

--
    It's called turning the cam sprocket 1 tooth (just kidding)

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddys 350x View Post
    I can post a pic of the tq and hp curves too if anyone is interested.
    Please do . Lots of people here like that kind of stuff and very few ever put their bikes on a dyno so this is a rare opportunity to see the results from one.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Ok I sure will. Got to figure out how the video post works...

This trike was of serious topic of discussion nearly 2 years ago to the day. And yes it has taken me until now to get it completely dialed in. I never gave up but there were times when I took a vacation from it!!

--
    The thread was titled the "Six million dollar 350x"

--
    What is all done to you X?

This is the post on my .080 bore 350x. I'll be testing a new CDI with advanced timing and a 1000 more rpms.

Pretty good day on the dyno.

First off the stock 350x makes 22 rwhp. The Bryan Ditch 350x class racer came in at just over 38rwhp, I am very happy with that but it would only turn up to 8500rpm because of the rev retard in the stock CDI. We advanced the timing 5* but that did something I never seen, it knocked it down to 7500rpm, made the same HP up to that as it did stock, just kicked the retard in early, so that didn't work. lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddys 350x View Post
    The thread was titled the "Six million dollar 350x"
    So you wound up having a shop tune it for you or just dyno it after you tuned it?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I just want to weigh in here to say I've done thousands of dyno runs and you can make the dyno say whatever you want it to say so don't take it as a finite way to measure power or compare output unless you run the bikes back to back on the same dyno.

. Its a tuning tool, a baseline indicator and intended to indicate gains or losses on a single bike at any given rpm not a basis for boasting.

--
    That's what I do, same day, same dyno. Just like I did with my Big Red and 200x. I was with in .5 hp on rear wheel HP on the 200x from Powrolls dyno 30 some years earlier, so you can be very close if you have a good dyno tuner.

--
    And you can also embellish peak numbers if you have a good tuner

--
    If he wanted to lie, he could just lie, too. Or print out false dyno sheets.

2016 Can-Am Outlander XT 1000R
    2001 Yamaha YZ 125
    1985 Honda ATC 200M w/ Hi/Lo

--
    Who?.........

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //