//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 200x carb float

averysdad is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

200x carb float

soaked one of my 200x carbs in cem dip put a rebuild kit in it and adjusted the plastic float to 14mm . It was at about 12 or 13mm I bent the plastic the best I could making it 14mm it's leaking from the over flow on the bowl like the float is to high or sticking. Though well maybe the cem dip ruined the valve seat so I put the same rebuild kit in a different carb cleaned with carb cleaner same problem? Just rebuilt the the top end and the bike runs really good has maybe an hour on it just need to fix the carb leaking any advice? Gas cap vent is working.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    The chem dip will not damage metal but it can damage rubber parts.

If the float and rubber parts are good, the float level is most likely too high.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    No rubber/plastic parts in Chem dip ever. Did you? If you did, then it's time for all new rubber and plastic components.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I didn't put any plastic/rubber parts in it that I know of expect the choke handle just to see what it would do. 12 hours later the choke handle was clean and not damaged. I'm using a caliper to set the float at 14 mm should be good. I'm thinking the float is plastic so it's not holding the 14mm and returning to its original shape once the gas puts a little pressure on it. Going to swap floats and pins around later and see what happens.

--
    Leave the bowl off and see what the heights do to the flow.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    What year 200X?

Is the overflow and drain not on the same circuit? Thinking maybe the drain screw is not sealing. Had this on my 200X. Screw was tight. I had to remove it and use some emery cloth on the screw. Reinstalled. All good now.

--
    Well I have tried 2 different carb body's 2 different floats 3 different float needles polished the float needle and seat with a q tip and carb cleaner cheeked float height. Still the same problem if I'm riding it or if it's running every thing is fine. Turn it off let it seat for 5 or 10 min and gas comes poring out the over flow hose. I'm using the same bowl every time so maybe it's the drain screw ill try that. but y dose it take 5 min to start leaking out and didn't leak when it's running? The new topend has maybe 2 hours on it so I don't want gas pouring into the cylinder. It's first gen 84 200x
    Last edited by averysdad; 10-20-2016 at 06:10 PM.

--
    Are your floats sinking?
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    No I took the float off and submerged it in gas no leaks. Left the carb on the bike and took the bowl off float works as it should by hand. Put the bowl back on and still have the same problem

--
    I wonder if the carb is getting hot??

--
    Quote Originally Posted by averysdad View Post
    No I took the float off and submerged it in gas no leaks. Left the carb on the bike and took the bowl off float works as it should by hand. Put the bowl back on and still have the same problem
    Have you tested the float and needle to ensure its stopping the gas from entering the carb bowl at full float level?

--
    Ya with the carb on the bike and the bowl off I hold the float level with my hand about 10 min no gas comes out. If I can't fix it soon I'm going to buy an Xr carb and intake. I think you can still buy them new right? Will my throttle cable work with the Xr carb? Kinda bugs me I rebuilt the topend and a new cam chain now I can't get the carb to stop leaking gas. It runs really awesome just can't leave the gas on lol

--
    I re-read your thread now I am confused. I don't remember their being an overflow hose on the oem carb. Are you referring to the bowl puke tube when you say gas is coming out?

--
    Yes sir the bowl puke tube on the bottom of the bowl.that is also the bowl drain hose.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by averysdad View Post
    Yes sir the bowl puke tube on the bottom of the bowl.that is also the bowl drain hose.
    Ahhh, just get a new bowl screw an o-ring. That should stop it from coming out of the bowl drain hose.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //