//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for mud flap material.....

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --

Looking for mud flap material.....

Need to make some fender extensions/mud flaps for the wife's machine. I know Jack Shyte about plastics. Stiff but flexible, but not too flexible, they will be mostly horizontal. I was surfing McMaster Carr, but I don't have a clue to what all the different plastics/nylons are.

TIA!!

ETA: Looking at Delrin Acetal Resin, Wear resistant nylon.......
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 09-22-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    look up semi truck polyurethane mud flaps. They are flexible yet durable and can be cut to shape
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"

** 1986 Honda ATC 250SX - '86 250R forks - LED headlight - 250r gold wheels **

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Thanks! Never thought of that. :P
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Ive seen cut up conveyor belts used as mud flaps more than once...
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Yea, I thought of that, nothing on CL tho.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by edizzle89 View Post
    look up semi truck polyurethane mud flaps. They are flexible yet durable and can be cut to shape
    ^^^This^^^

You can get big truck mudflaps that are more rigid plastic, or more flexible rubber. And they aren't that expensive. That's what I would do. I bet you can get them at your local Napa, if not I'm sure there is some sort of heavy truck parts store nearby.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Local truck stop 20 minutes away on my way to and from work

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    If the truck mud flaps are too small for your app, you can use .060" KYDEX . It will be more rigid but not quite totally rigid like the fender plastic so it will flex some . It is also moldable so you can use a hair dryer on high or carefully use a heat gun to heat it until it just gets sightly pliable them bend it into the shape you want . Some people use it to make custom gun holders.

Many places sell it so look for a supplier near you because the shipping can get a little pricey . Below is a link to a company that is having a sale on it . They will also cut it in half for free . This will reduce the shipping cost because the package will be smaller . Their KYDEX is textured . Some mfg's make it smooth.

Jessica 888-297-8744 extension 2737

https://www.interstateplastics.com/K...FQx-fgod68IE4g

You can also use fiber reinforced rubber which is what some of the old school mud flaps were made out of . This wold be more flexible but can look a little wavy pending on the contour you are attaching it to.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Holy carp! I'd say!! 53.00 to ship 1 2x4 sheet?!?!?! Youza!! Ebay's got it cheaper

--
    Fabio made some for his 250SX that looked nice...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

I actually didn't make those, a guy on Bookface did. I gave them to my brother in law a few weeks ago and he says they look great! They're made from some type of rubber/foam stuff and appear as though they'd hold up well against the test of time. I no longer have Bookface however I still have Bookface messenger and I tried to find the guy who made these but couldn't figure it out. I'd like to grab some more!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    LOL, yeah, like I said, shipping is a killer, however, you can get a Fedex account if you ship much stuff then just generate a shipping label and email it to whomever is shipping your part and they can print it out and Fedex will go to them and pick it up . With a Fedex account, shipping is typically around 30% less than standard UPS rates.

The site below sells rubber strips by the foot . Their general purpose rubber "should" be rigid enough for your app but their cloth reinforced neoprene will be slightly more rigid but will also cost more . You need at least 1/8" thick in either material for it to be rigid enough to not easily flop around and of course 3/16" would be slightly more rigid . You may find this cheaper on Ebay also.

GENERAL PURPOSE RUBBER PRICE LIST

http://www.rubbersheetroll.com/rubber_strips.htm

CLOTH REINFORCED NEOPRENE

They may have remnants you can buy, or may be able to sell you a piece smaller than 36" x 26" to save some money.

http://www.rubbersheetroll.com/neopr...-inserted.html

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

I'll suggest the brother in law take a core sample and send it to Barnett for diagnostics and testing.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 09-22-2016 at 06:17 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Got an extra set from the same guy Fabio.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    Fabs or Weezy: How thick is that stuff?

These are going on the front fenders of a Polaris Scrambler 4X4 for the wife

LOL Fabio! Diagnostics and testing

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //