//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 honda 250r front wheel hub bearings

--

1985 honda 250r front wheel hub bearings

Does anyone know how to remove the front wheel hub bearings in a 1985 honda 250r? I've been ing away for days and they havent budged at all.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I've seen the manual but I can't find the oem head piece for the shaft remover, is there a trick anyone knows on how to get them out or anyone whose changed those out before.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    I just take a punch and drive the collar to one side then drive the bearing out. Once one is out the other is very easy.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I just take a punch and drive the collar to one side then drive the bearing out. Once one is out the other is very easy.
    That's pretty much what I do. Move the spacing collar to one side, use a and a long punch to hit the bearing in a couple spots then the collar should move around easier. Then I work my wayt around the bearing until it pops out. I don't like to just tap out the bearing by working in one spot. You could also heat the hub up a little with a torch to open up the hub bore a little. I've had some bearings just drop out while I was heating them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    screw drive one side, blow it out the other. socket extentsion blow the other side out. clean up powder coat if needed and reinstall. no hard ya watch it be done once ya can do it do anything.

--
    Tried everything I could with a and a punch, gonna take it to a machine shop to see if they can press it out with a torch and some hydraulic luck it should be ready by this weekend.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmeup760 View Post
    Tried everything I could with a and a punch, gonna take it to a machine shop to see if they can press it out with a torch and some hydraulic luck it should be ready by this weekend.

Use a Mapp or butane to get the hub red hot around the circumference of the bearing, then drive out with a socket and extension from one side. You shouldn't have to take a front hub to a machine shop. Those come out just fine with the heat and beat method.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Yaegerb is correct, but if all else fails I've used a die grinder to bearings

--
    Man I've never been so happy to see a can of WD40, I let it soak for some time and with a quick hit it came loose. Thanks for all the replies guys I managed to change the bearings and install the seals, now I just have to rebuild the front brake caliber and the forks and she'll be ready for thanksgiving in glamis.

--
    Good deal! Hope the rest of it goes smoothly

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //