//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Street Legal 350x help

--

Street Legal 350x help

Hi all, after finally graduating college I decided to sell the 480r. I've since picked up an '85 350x. I saw a street legal one riding around town awhile back and would love to get mine titled for road use. Has anyone tackled something like this? I'm in the state of Michigan now but I can get the trike titled in Ohio if need be. Thanks for any advice.

--
    Can't be done

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Can't be done
    Always there to help, dohc
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    It depends on what state you are from

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

--
    Fabio has a street legal trike made from a xl 650.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I bet the XL was already titled as a street bike.
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Here ya go:

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,8611,7...4425--,00.html

Off-Road Vehicles Cannot Be Registered For On-Road Use

Vehicles manufactured as an off-road vehicle (ORV) cannot be modified and titled as an assembled vehicle for on-road use. A vehicle manufactured as an ORV, even if the owner added accessories such as lights, windshield, and street legal tires, does not qualify as an assembled vehicle, including a low-speed assembled vehicle, because:

It was not built from new or used parts by someone other than a manufacturer, and
    It was not altered or modified to the extent that it no longer reflects its original manufacturer configuration.

ORV manufacturers state their vehicles are not designed for on-road use and include a statement on their Manufacturer Certificate of Origin (MCO) that the vehicle was built for off-road use only. ORVs that cannot be titled and registered for on-road use as an assembled vehicle include:

a) 4-wheel and 6-wheel ORV utility vehicles. These units look like small trucks with a roof. Examples include the Polaris Ranger, John Deere Gator, Kawasaki Mule, Yamaha Viking, Honda Pioneer, and Kubota RTV.

b) 4-wheel all-terrain vehicles (ATVs). Often called "quads," these are units with handlebars and a seat straddled by the operator.

c) Three and four-wheel ATVs often called "quads."

d) Dune buggies manufactured for off-road use only.

e) Gray Market off-road "mini trucks." These are imported as ORVs rather than motor vehicles. It is not possible to upgrade them to meet U.S. EPA emission standards and DOT safety standards. They can only be titled as an ORV. Examples include the Suzuki Carry, Subaru Sambar, Honda ACTY, Mazda Scrum, and Daihatsu Hijet.

Vehicles whose MCO show the vehicle was built to federal low speed vehicle standards may be titled as a low speed vehicle using the year, make, and VIN shown on the MCO.

Trail bikes (2-wheel motorcycles) may be upgraded for on-road use.
    Doesn't anybody know how to search this official information up thru the State government ATV rules and regulations?

It took me all of 15 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Can't be done
    TL/DR. Waaaayyyy too many details. Could you condense it a bit more?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    You saw a street legal 350x riding around town in Michigan?
    1986 KLT 185
    1984 200S

Feedback Thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-Ebaccm26

clmeue37 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    There are now more than a few counties in Michigan that allow off road vehicles to ride on class "B" county roads. Insurance/title is not required, however, you do need to display an orv sticker (permit) on your machine. My county asks that you wear a helmet (obviously), operate at speeds of 25mph or less, and ride to the far right of the road. In addition, a usfs approved spark arrestor and working headlight and taillight are required. This is the easiest route if you live in an "atv friendly" county and are just looking for additional area to ride.

I'm guessing you want to use your x for daily transportation anywhere you want to go...can't be of much help there...good luck. It was stated above, Google search is your friend, and maybe you will find some loopholes. The only way around this that I can see is if it's a 2 wheel bike that was titled for the street and converted into a trike like we've all seen done on here in the past. Again, good luck.
    1980 Honda atc110, 1981 Honda atc110, 1983 Honda atc200e Big Red, 1984 Honda atc200es Big Red, 1984 Honda trx200, 1985 Honda atc200s

Trikefest '15 '16

Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
    -Proverbs 18:12

--
    In Arizona you can make a 3 wheeler (and 4 wheeler) street legal--I see them occasionally. I've been wanting to do it but just have gotten around to it. It's on the to-do list though.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //