//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Selling 3 wheeler and recieving payment through paypal???

--
    I had people reverse the charge through the credit card company going over Paypal's authority long after the 60 day return policy. They even kept the item. You can argue and Paypal said they would help.

That being said. The "my agent (shipper) will pick it up" was often associated with scams. I had a guy (agent) come pick a bunch of stuff up off my trailer onto his trailer. Cash deals only. Why can't they pay cash in person? Have you spoken to a real person? Is it all email? Phone numbers?

Using Paypal and picking up in person is not uncommon. I have done it.

My guess is the shipper can be a bad actor and "steal" the stuff. Buyer receives no goods and reverses the charges for non-delivery. So you had better handle the insured shipping yourself or find out all the info about the shipper. Good luck finding the shipper even if you ID him. Calling the authorities is always fun. Court is fun too.

If the buyer has thousands in a Paypal, then he can turn that into cash...or he gets no trikes...

You could also make them use the Paypal donation feature, if they dont donate, then just send the money back(you might incur a fee).
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Paypal can not take money back out of an account if it is paid thru friends and family.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Certified check often accompanies "I will send a shipper" scam. Fair warning....
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    Yes I have talked to the guy on the phone and messaged him back and forth on facebook. Guy is clear down in Louisiana so he is a long ways away from me to pick it up.

--
    Another way is to use a business shipping dock and palletize. Bill of lading and signatures.

Who knows, maybe he will use U-Ship and you will end up on shipping wars?

Stuff has to get shipped everyday, there are lots of ways to do it.
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    This is incredibly simple . I use Paypal all the time and just ran around $50,000.00 thru there . Just have him pay you using the friends and family feature and tell him not to attach any note . You will have the money in less than 60 seconds and Paypal has no control over it if the guy doesn't like the bike if he uses this method . Once the money appears in your account it is yours forever and ever amen.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
    Aside from violating PayPal rules it offers the BUYER zero protection. Best way is if he has a friend in the area where the trike is and have him pay cash on his behalf and handle the shipping for him.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 10-11-2016 at 07:41 AM.
    It sucks to get old

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Murray8503 . You do NOT need "protection" when someone sends you money thru friends and family because it is yours once it goes into your account unless you defraud the sender in some way . This is a FACT, period, end of story.

If they send it as a payment for goods or services, Paypal will charge you around 3.5% . If the sender uses a credit card for goods or services, Paypal will charge you a few more percent . If they use a credit card for friends and family, the sender has to pay the percentage . Also, if they use the goods and services to pay you, Paypal will try to hold your money for 21 days so they can put it in a short term interest account and make interest off it . If the buyer uses a credit card and pays thru goods and services, the buyer can in fact dispute the payment for any reason which is a boat you don't want to be in if they have your bike and then dispute the payment.

I have been using Paypal for many years and have sold very high dollar cars thru there from Ebay so I know their system pretty well.

--
    Yeah but paying via friends and family offers 0 buyer protection. He could pay you and you then not send the item. Most buyers won't go for that.
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    Yeah I doubt he goes for friends and family as said above, I could take his money and run. I would never do that to someone but if I was the buyer I wouldnt do it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atcmatt View Post
    Yeah but paying via friends and family offers 0 buyer protection. He could pay you and you then not send the item. Most buyers won't go for that.
    That is correct, however, that was not the question and that is irrelevant to a seller . The number 1 rule is never assume . Do NOT assume you think you know what the buyer will think, simply tell them the methods of payment you prefer . As the seller, you can request the funds any way you want . Never let a buyer dictate how they are going to pay you if you are not comfortable with their suggestion.

Another very simple option is Western Union . I also frequently use them when I don't want to use Paypal or the other party does not have Paypal etc, however, I use them for small amounts like $5,000.00 and less . I used them 4 times last month.

Walmart also sends money very inexpensively, however, you couldn't pay me to use their system . I tried it 4 times last month and each one was a nightmare.

Another method is to have them make a direct deposit into your checking account, however, you need to give them your account number to do that.

They can also give you a personal check . These sometimes clear faster than a certified check . Simply ask your bank how long each type of check will take to clear.

Another option is a cashiers check.

Another option is a wire transfer but you need to give them your account number for that also.

--
    That is correct, however, that was not the question and that is irrelevant to a seller . The number 1 rule is never assume . Do NOT assume you think you know what the buyer will think, simply tell them the methods of payment you prefer . As the seller, you can request the funds any way you want . Never let a buyer dictate how they are going to pay you if you are not comfortable with their suggestion.

Another very simple option is Western Union . I also frequently use them when I don't want to use Paypal or the other party does not have Paypal etc, however, I use them for small amounts like $5,000.00 and less . I used them 4 times last month.

Walmart also sends money very inexpensively, however, you couldn't pay me to use their system . I tried it 4 times last month and each one was a nightmare.

Another method is to have them make a direct deposit into your checking account, however, you need to give them your account number to do that.

They can also give you a personal check . These sometimes clear faster than a certified check . Simply ask your bank how long each type of check will take to clear.

Another option is a cashiers check.

Another option is a wire transfer but you need to give them your account number for that also.

You forgot gold, silver, bearer bonds, sand dollars and goats.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I don't know him but I know he has been buying every 86/87 tecate that he can. I think he's legit and probably nothing to worry about but cover your ass. Maybe western union?

--
    This is incredibly simple . I use Paypal all the time and just ran around $50,000.00 thru there . Just have him pay you using the friends and family feature and tell him not to attach any note . You will have the money in less than 60 seconds and Paypal has no control over it if the guy doesn't like the bike if he uses this method . Once the money appears in your account it is yours forever and ever amen.

Even though this has been addressed, would YOU send a stranger $500+ as a gift for an item you never seen in person knowing there is no way to get your money back once you press send. It screams scam. Even if it was a member on here, I would want to cover my own ass if I don't know this guy personally. I don't know about you, as it sounds $500 is pocket change to you, but $500 is a lot of money to ME if it were lost.

I've bought trikes through PayPal before ever seeing them in person as a gift, but these were trusted friends and members. And quite frankly these were rare trikes that you can't afford to take the risk of someone else buying them out from under you lol. I've had members here I've never met send me funds to bring trikes home from TF, but these again were trusted members. Not strangers. It's just too risky for my taste.

--
    I've done it before. Paypal is safe. If its titled just go to notary and get title in his name so he can't come back and sue you.

--
    You could have him send you a Postal Money order. You can cash them at a bank or post office.I use them all the time. I had a couple not show up and took the receipt to the post office and got my money back.The postal money orders are federal .Just my 2 cents.
    250r rules

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //