//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thoughts of fuel stabilizer for the winter?

--
    What do you do if it won't be ran for awhile? Like a year or more. I drained it all out of mine but maybe that's No Bueno. Maybe I should keep it full and start it frequently?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    What do you do if it won't be ran for awhile? Like a year or more. I drained it all out of mine but maybe that's No Bueno. Maybe I should keep it full and start it frequently?
    Yes keep it full. If it sat that long. Drain all the gas out. Pull the carb and clean and add fresh fuel.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorpe View Post
    I say keep riding, and forget stabilizer
    That's pretty much what i do! Run 93 octane and ride! I ride mine all the time, year round!
    Never forget the past , but dont dwell on it.

My toys
    Trike:
    1983 Honda Atc 185s (update: frame painted!)
    1986 honda Atc 125m (sold)

Non - trike
    1968 Lomart Cheeftah Mini bike (3 hp Tecumseh)
    1968 wheel horse charger automatic ( modded)
    1981 Dodge Power Ram (driver)
    1981 Imperial (project car)

Follow me on my blog! (Yes, its about trikes!) https://www.tumblr.com/blog/atctriangleofdeath

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Thoughts of fuel stabilizer for the winter?

I have had my bikes parked for two years with out draining the carbs using AV100LL with MMO at recommended dose. Started right up with old gas.

Addtn: that was 2 stroke premix with klotz techniplate at 32:1. And now that I think about it I probably did add stabil at normal recommended dose.
    Last edited by RamsesRibb; 10-13-2016 at 07:59 AM.
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

bigdaddyvw185 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I fill the tank and then give it a dose of Star Tron. I was sold on the stuff when I saw 2 Honda elite scooters get pulled out of a shed from cold storage for 2 years. They had new batteries installed and they both started right up old gas and all. I have since been using it for a couple years now with no issues.
    here is a link http://www.starbrite.com/item/star-t...ategory_id=587

--
    Fill up with ethanol free gas and cap full of Seafoam.
    Fire up the machine, turn off the petcock, and either let it run itself out of gas or use the carb drain screw.

But if you don't ride your ATC in the snow you are missing out big time IMHO. Snow is a 'terrain' after all.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    But if you don't ride your ATC in the snow you are missing out big time IMHO. Snow is a 'terrain' after all.
    An opportunity i have yet to have

Idid ride on icy pavement a few years back when the roads were closed down here, what a blast!

I normally ride mine throughout the winter...if not, it gets ridden with non ethanol 91 octane, and run the bowl out of gas when i'm done, top off the tank, left it sitting for months just doing that and it fired right up. Never used any stabilizer

I can't speak on how cold weather affects gas though. A winter week here is like "80 degrees, 22 degrees, 50 degrees, 28 degrees, 84 degrees, so usually i just ride mine on a good day.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I dump in a generous amount of seafoam and a fuel stabilizer and usually have no problems.

Except for 2 stroke weed whackers...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I use Sea Foam in all my gas run things (accept my truck...lol) and never have a problem starting any of them come spring time. I just mix it right into the gas cans when i fill them up. I forget what the ratio is supposed to be so i just dump a spray paint cap full into each 5 gallon gas can... seems to work well...lol

--
    speaking of, i was given an old carb for my Yamaha YTM 225 DXN from a friend and it had this ugly white, chalky coating all over it on the inside. and everything was frozen, the pin for the floats was stuck aloong with the choke plunger and all the jets and screws... stuff was nasty! I had to spray a lot of rusty bolt remover in it to take it all apart. Anyone ever see this type of thing?

--
    http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NS

list of ethanol free stations in Canada and US

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorpe View Post
    I say keep riding, and forget stabilizer
    thats what i was going to say...or just go out and start it once a week or so
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

--
    I fill up my 200x with premium non ethenol and vp fuel stabilizer

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //