//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Transmission problem 200x

--

Transmission problem 200x

I posted previously that my 84 200x doesn't stop and get stiff when I'm trying to down shift to first , then up in neutral. The gears seem fine, I'm wondering if there's a spring or bearing I need to replace.

--
    It could be a number of things. Have you disassembled yet? If not I would recommend a good manual and examine the clutch side first.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    No I haven't yet was trying to decided just ride it until there's a problem or tear it down.

--
    It may be the rod that the selector dog bones ride on to shift the gears. In the service manual it says there should be a certain tolerance with the rod size and the inner diameter of the dog bones that slide on it. They may be worn out preventing the movement you need to shift down into first.

--
    I was thinking that. From what I have seen there's no place to order new dog bones just have to find good used ones? I just picked up anthony 200x the guy said it drove but just needed sprocket. But I tried to put it into gear and nothing. I guess time to learn about ATC Transmissions. Thanks for the help guys.

--
    Possibly shift forks to. I have had that problem before on a 85 200x. I ended up cracking it open and it was my shift forks.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //