//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The deal of the day thread.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180512_171716.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	252227 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180512_194123.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	252228 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180512_194143.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	252229

Picked this unit up last night. Nice little stand/lift on casters. $30.00. Guy was 5 minuites from my house. Fully down 14". Not sure of the full lift is as it is a bit down on fluid as it leaked a bit.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    I picked up a couple things for my GF's place the last couple of weeks. Propane outdoor heater. NIB for $80. Lawnmower. Used but in great shape. $150.00

And a used Weber BBQ. Thing is in great shape!!!! Propane unit. $250.00. Sorry about the sideways pics. LOL. We both own houses and live 3 miles from each other. I hooked her up last month.

Name:	20180720_192955.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	253850

Name:	20180723_192420.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	253849

Name:	20180731_170622.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	253851
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    My neighbor scored an SCCA F500 kart last week for a few hundred dollars. It's amazing that this machine made it as far as it did passing hands for little to no money multiple times along the way and eventually being found sitting outside in a junk yard with a blue tarp over the engine.

Apparently the original owner was getting divorced, the kart was listed, but nobody showed any interest in it. It then got hauled off for scrap. Now, I don't know who this particular scrapper was, but apparently the thought never crossed their mind that they might want to keep the cart for their own. Instead they scrapped it, and because it's mixed metal (mostly aluminum and chromoly) and also because it's engineered to be as light as possible, they most likely got about $30 in scrap value out of it.

My neighbor found it and showed me pictures that night, and I flipped my wig. The neighbor struck a deal first thing the next day and it was dropped off the day after that.

The car is an absolute work of art. We play billiards out in my neighbor's barn and the kart is in there as well. The first night the kart was in the garage we didn't start shooting pool for over an hour after we got out there. Everyone was focused on the race car and the high end quality of all the pieces that make it up. It has a 500cc Rotax twin and a cog belt final drive. This kart must be as smooth as silk, I can only imagine. I told him if he wanted to spend the money to run it (it would take thousands) I would have to insist on being the pilot. It would take a lot to update this kart though. Tires, safety harnesses, hoses... All date coded and expired and all would need to be replaced. It's only been test run, it doesn't appear as if the kart has been raced. It looks like it was nearing completion around 1999-2000 give or take, then it was put aside.

This machine is worth whatever someone is willing to pay, and it's a limited market. That can be good or bad. When this kart was built, they cost about $40,000 to $50,000. This kart as it sits has been estimated to be worth $8,000 to $10,000, but that's with speaking to only a handful of people on the subject. It's difficult to find anyone who even knows what this is. Somehow my brother knew exactly what it was, not sure how.

Anyways this thing is super cool and for a few hundy I'd say this was quite the deal.

Say hi to Bobby Vespa.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Fer a few hundy I would bought it just to rip around the neighborhood till I found the right buyer.

Is there supposed to be some body panels for it? Hood? Engine cover?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Yes there are supposed to be body panels Scooter. That's yet another reason why it would be very expensive to get it going again. If you Google SCCA F500 kart you'll see exactly what these machines look like.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    That is friggin' sweet!

At first I thought an 18 year old kart would be ancient in any type of racing but further reading on these, it is a spec class so there isn't a lot of change allowed. Can't do anything to the internals on the engines according to the rules. A lot of the parts probably hasn't changed much.

Like Scooter says, be fun as heck to terrorize the neighborhood with.

--
    The newer karts have independent suspension in the rear. That appeared to be one of the bigger changes over the years.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Drove 7 hours round trip for a snap on top toolbox, for my matching bottom box. Tool guys say I got a smokin deal for $500...I don't think I would have paid much more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Name:	20181127_092024.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	255751
    Picked this pretty much new hoist for the garage it's a 14,000lb hoist by rotary with rolling jack delivered for $1300 Canadian. Came from a shop that was going out of business this is a pic when I first checked it out.

Name:	20180422_142650.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	255757

Already paid for itself doing a suspension swap in one of my cars!

Name:	20171130_205922.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	255756

Also works great for storage!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180526_205426.jpg  

--

Name:	20190205_164311.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	257105

I picked this up. I posted earlier in this thread about picking up my 2007 Sienna for 'free'. I picked up this 2011 Sienna for $4000.00 Canadian. Needed nothing for safety. Comparable van with same mileage in my area go for $10,000-13,000.

I will still get 6,000 for my old van that I got for free. . I had a total of $1,500 to get it on the road. Darn taxes I had to pay.

'83 200X

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    What tax Rob ?..........down here we lie and say $100 .........when a vehicle is purchased new all the tax is paid by original bozo .....i mean buyer..........to keep on paying tax every time you buy used.........it`s against my religion .........makes me Agro !!
    It used to be like that here and also in Indiana but they got tired of trying to collect 6% tax on a $1 car so they now go by blue book value which I find can go either way. It's burnt me more times than favoring me

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    It used to be like that here and also in Indiana but they got tired of trying to collect 6% tax on a $1 car so they now go by blue book value which I find can go either way. It's burnt me more times than favoring me
    Connecticut goes by Kelly Bluebook even when you have a notorized bill of sale or buy a car with proven purchase price from an auction.

I got a rusty F250 and the govt here says it is worth 11K can show I paid $7,000, but the only way to try paying less in sales tax is request a formal hearing from the DMV for review.

My brother in law is a ball buster and he always fights with the state over car values. The best was him going to town hall with a rusted out 90's bronco and dragged the assessor out to see it in parking lot. He told the person if you think it is worth $5,000 please sell it for me and you can keep anything past $1,500. The town dropped the value down to $1,500.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

6.5% tax on anything $4k and over here in Arky.
    I've never had them compare to blue book here and they've never batted an eye when I hand them a bill of sale for less than $4k. Most cars I buy though are older with low miles so they either don't care or don't know.

I'm with you Glamy.....there ought to be a law....repeal used car sales tax!.....single mothers (a.k.a. strippers) can't be expected to pony up all their $1 bills on an item that's already been taxed.....that drives up the cost at the nudey bar and I got to dole out more $1 bills all because the single moms has to pay tax on her used car.....it's unpatriotic!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    I'm with you Glamy.....there ought to be a law....repeal used car sales tax!.....single mothers (a.k.a. strippers) can't be expected to pony up all their $1 bills on an item that's already been taxed
    Taxed. Every. Single. Year..... Not just once, every year. I added up my tax for an $28,000 car over the twenty years that I would be driving it until it quit and it was nearly$9K in "wheel tax" over a twenty year period. 30% of the purchase price of the car...... That's Theft.

Then they claim that they need the money to keep our roads in a condition of perpetual construction..... Because they forgot that they had already told us that the lottery was supposed to be used for schools and roads.... Apparently, the 20 billion in annual additional Indiana state revenue didn't cover these costs even though it was apparently enough money to fund perpetual construction for the decades immediately beforehand. Amazingly, they suddenly didn't have enough funds right before the state was to vote on a lottery.... But nobody said a word because they were chomping at the bit to throw their paychecks into the new poor tax.... Because 200 million dollars is alot of money to win

Question every fakken thing

--
    Here in Massachusetts we still pay excise tax on any vehicle registered for road use every year. The excise tax helps to pay for WWII, so it doesn't bother me that much. I'm glad to know my money is helping to take down The Führer.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //