//ArrowChat Code
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: The deal of the day thread.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    I drove by one of my neighbors houses that bought a car from me last year and saw a nice BMW Turbo model in their driveway with a for sake sign on it so I stopped by to check it out. It was owned by a person that rents out the room above their garage, and sitting right next to it was a 79 MGB convertible, so I asked him who owned it and he said it was the homeowners but they were not there at that time. I came back later that day and talked to them about it and they said they wanted to sell it and wanted $1500.00. I told them I would check it out then determine what it was worth to me and get back to them the next day.

The next day I went back there and told them that because of the parts it may possibly need to get it running properly, and because it was going to cost me around $400.00 to get a title and get it registered, that it was only worth $400.00 to me, but that I would list it for them for free on a few different sites if they wanted to get more money for it, and they said they didn't want people they don't know coming over so they sold it to me for the $400.00 I offered them. I towed it to my house with my truck and a long tie strap then started working on it the next day by first changing the gas, and low and behold, it immediately ran perfect after this and has run perfect ever since.

I checked all the other fluid levels which were fine, and checked the wheel cylinders and calipers for leaks, which there were none. I had to spend around an hour fixing some wiring, and I installed a new headlight switch and emergency flasher switch which set me back all of $20.00. It was missing the convertible top frame but I was lucky enough to find a perfect one on Ebay that had just been repainted, for only $120.00, so I bought that and it took me all of another hour to install it and install the old convertible top to it that did come with the car.

It has 68k original miles and around 143 psi in each cylinder and doesn't smoke and runs like a Swiss watch.

--
    I see someone beat you to the spray bomb party.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I’m real close to buying this. Springer front end , independent rear suspension. New 212 cc engine. Needs some fine tuning but I think I’d like t try and not die riding this up comp hill at glamis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    Shawn, there’s a guy on a karts forum that has something similar and he claims the 212 just isn’t powerfull enough. You gotta go with a duromax 440-18hp. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	618184B3-CEBF-42B0-B342-3CB9E6707F18.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	260745
    Incase you get it, tell him to keep the engine (maybe get the buggy cheaper) and grab a duromax.
    Link Incase you want to check it out- http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41855

Shep
    Interesting looking trikes though, could be fun.
    I’d grab it

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //