//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 110 intake tube

--

110 intake tube

I have a 110 that will only run good with choke on. No air leaks as per spraying carb cleaner around carb. It does have a new top end and dg pipe so maybe need a larger jet? Before any of this though I was searching previous threads and Howdy said to check intake tubes to carb. Especially the intake that goes into frame? I don't think my carb has any intake other than the boot to the air filter box. Am I missing something? What intake goes into the frame?

--
    All 110's have generally the same setup but in 83' they switched air boxes to a better design. Anyways, there's a boot that comes off the carb and goes to the air box. The air box is mounted on the left side of the frame. There is a boot that connects the air box to the frame that then goes into a tube that runs up to the neck.

In my opinion, the first gens didn't really have that good of a design (along with the 90's). I'm not sure how well they sealed up. Especially after 30 years of drying out and getting all stiff.

--
    I found no air leaks visible in or around air filter housing. I also moved my needle clip to 4th position down from the third and I think it runs even worse now. Should I try clip position two? Or should I just run it with choke on all the time and not worry about it?

--
    I would put the clip in the middle position and go from there. How's your air filter? You sure your jets are clean?

Generally speaking, a bigger more free flowing exhaust means a slightly bigger jet.

You can also try adjusting the pilot screw. Maybe taking it out a turn or so. If that doesn't work, I would rejet.

--
    On a side note, if you don't mind the potential power loss, you can run it with the choke on and it won't hurt it. I had one I didn't rejet for the longest time and it ran perfect with the choke on. So I left it go while I acquired all my engine mods because I would of just had to re jet it anyways.

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --

--
    No I believe it's a 79' I would have to double check though. It's definitely not newer than 83 but it's not the stock carb either. I believe it's a aftermarket. And if I want to change jet I only have to change the main correct? How do I go about ordering a new jet? If it's a 85 jet in there do I go up to a 87 or something?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //