//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My 200X Project

--
    I will post updates and pictures on my progress.

--
    I see atvsorus has a couple 200X on his lot in the classified area. Never hurts to ask what he is asking for a tank...

If you go the fix my tank route. Yes post pics.

Get that 200X up and running. How does other stuff look? Rear carrier bearings etc...

--
    I haven't had a chance to tear into anything else yet so I will be assessing things as I go. So far, in addition to the tank, the front brake was completely out of fluid, rear tires are garbage, seat cover is dried out, brittle and cracked and there is a sizeable crack in the plastic. She looks pretty good in the picture but she does need some work. It will be a fun project.

--
    Worked on the gas cap today for about an hour. It cleaned up pretty good. Still pitted but its functional.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	236136Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	236137Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
Size:	482.2 KB 
ID:	236138

--
    So here's an update on the tank situation. I decided I didn't have anything to lose in trying to save the tank and kinda wanted the experience too. I cut out some of the bottom and started to weld in new metal. I think it was a good effort but ultimately I realized it just wasn't going to yield satisfactory results. I have purchased a used tank off ebay and it should be here in a week. Here are some pics of my efforts.

Views:	50 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	236161Click image for larger version. 

Views:	59 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	236162

Decided there was just too much rust. Not only on the underside but also up along the bottom of the outside. Oh well, got to play with my mig welder for about an hour.

--
    Need a tig welder for projects like that.

--
    I just went through hell on my 200x build. I wanted to keep the stock metal tank. Went through 2 tanks trying to save bad ones. tried welding pin holes and the just opened up more after a bunch of patch work. I finaly got the second one not to leak, Coated the inside with por 15 tank sealant. It is great stuff but must be applied with the right metal prep, basically a phosphorus acid. If I was to do this again I would start with a better tank. A little more money but it will save a ton of time .

--
    Wow you are Taking it to town bud, Good luck.

--
    Yesssss! So I anticipated the tank I ordered would arrive today so I got the X out, changed the oil, installed new carb and like clock work the postman arrived and delivered the tank. Tank looked perfect inside so I installed it, put gas in it, installed new plug and after some kicking she fired up and is purring like a kitten ��!

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	236446
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	236445  

--
    Looking good. Ride the pis outta her.

--
    Now that it runs. Work on stopping it.

Rebuild kits and stuff is cheap. All depends what it needs.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    Now that it runs. Work on stopping it.

Rebuild kits and stuff is cheap. All depends what it needs.
    Ha, yes it needs brakes. Took out in the muddy field behind the house. Crazy how much fun it is to spin in circles :-)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Herboso View Post
    Ha, yes it needs brakes. Took out in the muddy field behind the house. Crazy how much fun it is to spin in circles :-)
    I can't wait for some snow. I live in a urban area. Have to travel to the trails. Not far about a 20 minuite drive. First year with a trike going into a winter. I will fly it up in the snow. "Urban"

--
    I gotta say I am feeling pretty jazzed about this trike. I had never ridden a 200X before today. I was very thrilled when it kicked over. Then I got it going, got her warmed up, adjusted the idle and then took her for a spin. What a fun little machine! She still needs a few things but so far she is working out as good as I could have hoped for considerIng she was not running when I bought her. I need to do some tinkering as she doesn't fire right up. Gotta do quite a bit of kicking before I get her going. Needs the brakes worked on and gotta recover the seat. I'm going to build a custom grab bar too. The oem grab bar was broken and just barely hanging there. Needs tires. Front tire is good but rear tires are bad. Other than that, I think the only things left are just little cosmetic stuff to make her look better. Bearings seem good. Maybe rebuild the suspension.

TwiZ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    I can't wait for some snow. I live in a urban area. Have to travel to the trails. Not far about a 20 minuite drive. First year with a trike going into a winter. I will fly it up in the snow. "Urban"
    We do snow rides all thru winter. I even got a set of irons i fitted up on my trike for when it gets real serious,just a lil hard to steer and dont wanna run irons all the time,just when needed and remove em,hard on axle bearings

1984 Honda 200X
    1984 Honda 200S Bonecrusher
    1975 Jeep CJ5

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //