//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Suspended 185s Build Thread

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Looking good! I need to get my suspended 185 together! Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the progress!

--
    WoW you are moving right along ....She is looking really cool!!! Ol Deuce
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Deuce View Post
    WoW you are moving right along ....She is looking really cool!!! Ol Deuce
    Yeah I'm proud of it the way it sits lol. It would still be in a box in the corner with out your help. I'm off agian tomorrow so I hope to get alot done. I'm going to get the spacer for the tripples. Work has had me pretty busy this past week. I haven't had alot of time to work on it the past few days. But I have to get money for trike parts one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by kiser View Post
    Looking good! I need to get my suspended 185 together! Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the progress!
    Definitely going to be updating this post soon I've already made some progress not shown here. It's nothing post worthy yet though. What kind of suspension do you have? A whole frame or bolt/weld on?
    Last edited by Hopper055; 10-31-2016 at 02:21 AM.
    1982 ATC185s
    1982 Suspended ATC185s
    1984 ATC70
    1984 ATC 250r
    19?? Motorcraft Three wheeler
    1974 Pacesetter 3
    1984 kawasaki 185
    1977 Atc 90
    1983 ATC 200x

My suspended ATC185s build thread.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...s-Build-Thread

--
    Very nice build, thanks for sharing. I've spent my fair share of time between the 185/200S, have this same exact idea on my bucket-list for 3 wheeler builds. Will no doubt look it up when the time comes.

Brian

my wheelers:
    1981 Honda 200 5-wheeler
    1983 Honda 200
    1982 Honda 185S
    1983 Honda 250R
    1984 Honda 200S
    1985 Honda 200X
    1987 Honda 250SX

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Well I have a full aftermarket frame and a weld on kit. The weld on kit is just a frame, forks, swing arm and axle. I have everything to put it together but haven't taken the time. The aftermarket frame is a complete bike but needs a lil tinkering. It keeps getting put on the back burner. Builds like these make me want to get them done! Keep us fully informed!

--
    Man these trikes are cool . Great build . I'm looking for a rear kit myself if any one could help.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    I have a set of 400ex hubs that were welded to the axle, if I can get them off I would think they would be far better than those hubs and give you another 1.5 inches in width.

I will see what I can do this weekend.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bumsted200s View Post
    Very nice build, thanks for sharing. I've spent my fair share of time between the 185/200S, have this same exact idea on my bucket-list for 3 wheeler builds. Will no doubt look it up when the time comes.

Brian
    Go on and start man, I'm kicking my self now for not doing this sooner. love sitting back and seeing all my work come together. It's kinda hard for me to stop and look when I get started I just think about what needs to be done next. I have to remind myself that I need to stop and take pictures as I go

Quote Originally Posted by kiser View Post
    Well I have a full aftermarket frame and a weld on kit. The weld on kit is just a frame, forks, swing arm and axle. I have everything to put it together but haven't taken the time. The aftermarket frame is a complete bike but needs a lil tinkering. It keeps getting put on the back burner. Builds like these make me want to get them done! Keep us fully informed!e chain and sprockets installed. All the engine components put on and the whole trike wired. Both foot pegs,shifter and foot brake installed. And the part I have been worried about the seat got recovered. I have never done any work like this but it all went smooth. The rear fenders need to be cleaned up but the seat looks fantastic. Now the part you have all been waiting for the pictures.

I would love to find a full frame but with shipping they are a little to pricey for me to afford. If I ever come across one near me for a decent price it'll follow me home. Like I said to bumsted now is a perfect time to start. Just make a thread so I can follow your build. And I'll do my best to keep everyone up to date on my build.

Quote Originally Posted by 3wheelieo View Post
    Man these trikes are cool . Great build . I'm looking for a rear kit myself if any one could help.
    Don't stop looking man I'm sure there is one out here with your name on it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I have a set of 400ex hubs that were welded to the axle, if I can get them off I would think they would be far better than those hubs and give you another 1.5 inches in width.

I will see what I can do this weekend.
    Sounds great man I was looking at a set prior to my build but didn't want to spend the money on new wheels and the hubs all at once. I had planned to add them at a later date. So if you can get them off I would be interested.
    Thank you for offering them to me. If you get them off just let me know how much you want for them.

Sorry it's been a few days since the last update. This thread with everyone's interest really helps me get off my but and work on this. I was real busy at work and have been fighting my image hosting site. But I have been burning the midnight oil getting this together. I got the rear brakes all put together. The chain and sprockets installed. All the engine components put on and the whole trike wired. Both foot pegs,shifter and foot brake installed. And the part I have been worried about the seat got recovered. I have never done any work like this but it all went smooth. The rear fenders need to be cleaned up but the seat looks fantastic. The case saver had to be trimmed to fit with the swing arm what do you guys think about it? I'm happy with how it turned out. Now the part you have all been waiting for the pictures

1982 ATC185s
    1982 Suspended ATC185s
    1984 ATC70
    1984 ATC 250r
    1974 Pacesetter 3
    1984 kawasaki 185
    1977 Atc 90
    1983 ATC 200x

--
    The rear fenders look identical to like a 82' 110's, so I wonder if old school low profile fiberglass 90/110 fenders would work. Now that would set the build off with a cool paint job (I'm a Fan of metal flake myself). And without the mud flaps it'll have a more sportier look. Maybe something you could do in the future if you come across any. I have one I'm gonna redo here soon for my one build.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    The rear fenders look identical to like a 82' 110's, so I wonder if old school low profile fiberglass 90/110 fenders would work. Now that would set the build off with a cool paint job (I'm a Fan of metal flake myself). And without the mud flaps it'll have a more sportier look. Maybe something you could do in the future if you come across any. I have one I'm gonna redo here soon for my one build.
    Don't tempt me lol, I'm already kinda upset with the shape of the rear fenders they just don't fit with the look I'm going for.

Big update guys I got the triples installed and its on rubber now. What does everyone think? I can't describe how proud I am to have it at this stage. There are a few things I plan to change now that its mostly together. I'm not happy with the tank for starters. And I went through all this effort just to put old plastics back on it. I think it it deserves some better plastics but that is for later. I'm sorry the picture isn't that great but I will get better pics when I get it outside. I'm planning to pull out my stock 185s and do a few comparison pics. Well I'll check back in a few hours I'm going to go stare at it for a while before I have to move it.

1982 ATC185s
    1982 Suspended ATC185s
    1984 ATC70
    1984 ATC 250r
    1974 Pacesetter 3
    1984 kawasaki 185
    1977 Atc 90
    1983 ATC 200x

--
    I don't think the rear plastics make it look bad. You're probably only thinking that because of the shiny new plastic tank that doesn't match. You can wet sand and polish those fenders up to look brand new. Plenty of tutorials here on the forum. I'd be throwing a leg over it and having some fun!

My only complaint, the fork boots.

--
    Awesome. Lets see some action Vids!
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    I don't think the rear plastics make it look bad. You're probably only thinking that because of the shiny new plastic tank that doesn't match. You can wet sand and polish those fenders up to look brand new. Plenty of tutorials here on the forum. I'd be throwing a leg over it and having some fun!

My only complaint, the fork boots.
    Couldn't agree more, when the forks weren't installed they looked good but with the weight of the trike they look bad. I'll probably try adding some air to the forks and see if that brings them back. And that's an old tank I had that's pretty beat up and the fenders were also beat pretty hard they had a Crack when I got them that I welded back. They were perfect for what it was before.
    On the other hand I guess the fenders are fine I won't have to worry about them when I ride it. The tank has to go though I want to go back to the stock tank. The tank I had from the parts bike was too far gone so I threw this on for now. I just can't find a tank without holes for a decent price. I'll probably post in the trading fourm soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Farrow View Post
    Awesome. Lets see some action Vids!
    I'm going to finish some wiring, get some fuel line and run the brake and throttle cables then it'll be ready enough for a maiden voyage. I'm very excited at this point. Been wanting to ride it for weeks now and it finally looks like I'm about to get that chance.
    Last edited by Hopper055; 11-08-2016 at 06:12 PM.
    1982 ATC185s
    1982 Suspended ATC185s
    1984 ATC70
    1984 ATC 250r
    1974 Pacesetter 3
    1984 kawasaki 185
    1977 Atc 90
    1983 ATC 200x

--
    Finally got this out and into the world. It's not really done yet I'm still trying to source the front brake set up and a decent front fender. but it needed to go to the storage unit with it's siblings. As you can see I have a stock atc 185s gas tank on it in the pictures because it had gas in it. I'm liking the look a lot more that the plastic tank. I also got to ride it today and its a nice ride. I have more work and a lot more fine tuning but I'm already loving this trike and it sounds better than I thought it would. I'll still be posting in this thread but it might slow down the next couple weeks between work and trying to find parts for reasonable prices.

1982 ATC185s
    1982 Suspended ATC185s
    1984 ATC70
    1984 ATC 250r
    1974 Pacesetter 3
    1984 kawasaki 185
    1977 Atc 90
    1983 ATC 200x

--
    What exhaust and header is that? Header looks really big, compared to my stock one on my 200M.

2016 Can-Am Outlander XT 1000R
    2001 Yamaha YZ 125
    1985 Honda ATC 200M w/ Hi/Lo

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //