//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: "Liquid X"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I was thinking the same thing if I couldn't free up my rear master..........saw the same one on ebay for $14. Looks nice how it lined up.

Better than that $95 one on ebay
    I also had to cut the threaded rod end off. About 1/2".
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    Update: Battery did not show up yet. Lost in ice storm? Hopefully I get a new one soon. Bought off Amazon from a third party. Can't get my money back unless they refuse to work with me. Plus my work shop. Aka crappy lean too floods every time it rains. Which is a lot here in the NW.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170217_112446.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	239878
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Well. Battery showed up yesterday, but my sister in law gave it to me this morning. I forgot to hook up ground and blew the fuse. It was the only one I had, so I have to get a new one. Thinking about going to the square style automotive fuse as well. My drill went dead last time I was working on hooking up the ground. !!! Also the battery was dead, so it's on the charger. Anyway I was able to get the headlight working correctly. Yeah. Need some fuel and fuel line. Hopefully start soon. So busy with work these days.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    I love this project.

I remember reading somewhere earlier in this thread about a couple of HP under stock and no mods.........I would give up a couple HPs for an electric start and reverse any day of the week. And little to no mods?..........ecotrons.com. Be the first kid on the block to put FI in that little motor and the coolest kid on the block with a small displacement turbo kit from them. I believe those kits were designed with these engines in mind.

Just curious........since you can tig........do you feel making minor frame mods like minor lengthening, etc would make the engine swap easier?

--
    The motor went in easy. It was a tight fit all around though. Only thing I'm not sure about is the air filter box delete. It is a battery box now. I have an uni filter hooked directly to the carb. I have read in some other threads about "resonating". I am not sure how this will affect my build. Although I could go back to my original carb, I opted for the pz-30 carb. Then I would have to go back to mounting the battery elsewhere. Either way I've got options. As far as extending the frame etc. It may be beneficial, necessary on the larger 250cc watercooled engine. I would like to see someone do that. Cool website knappyfeet. That would be a sweet setup. Only $600 for efi and $350 for a turbo.
    Last edited by x-rider; 02-20-2017 at 12:40 AM. Reason: ecotrons.com
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by x-rider View Post
    Only $600 for efi and $350 for a turbo.
    Maybe a little more than that with the oil pump, cooler, etc.

It's called Helmholtz Resonance and manufactures use this principle in designing and constructing air boxes to have that perfect resonating frequency that increase performance in the mid range...where most riders live. Motorcycle manufactures were one of the first to implement this technology. I always get a kick when people remove airbox lids or drill holes in the airbox for "more airflow"........like somehow Honda didn't know what they were doing. People should keep in mind rule number one.....never assume you know more than a Honda engineer.

I kept this pic from Ironchops thread on LEDs and battery and wiring, etc. Maybe this could be an option.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	239925

--
    So true about the holes in the airbox lid etc. It kills me whenever I see it and if your a duner, sand ends up in your airbox and all over your oily filter! It's the pits!
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    Update: New cdi showed up in the mail. Swap some wires around and now I have spark. I also pulled apart the petcock and blew out with some air. Now I need fuel line hooked up to the tank and carb, some fuel. Also I need to clean up some of the wiring. I will be firing her up soon. Sorry for the slow build.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    I forgot I have some tygon fuel lines for my rc gas boats. I should have enough to hook it up. I will try to fire it up this weekend. Also did a search for fuel lines. Seems the concensus was tygon or auto fuel lines. I will give the tygon a shot.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Tygon fuel lines were to small. I went to Napa and bought 3/16" automotive fuel lines. Hooked carb to tank. Added fuel. It wouldn't start. I don't know. I haven't rechecked for spark yet. It is hissing at me a little when I give it a little throttle. Maybe I have an air leak. Something not tightened. Taking a little break then back out to try again.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Back to no spark issue again.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Found a small pin hole leak in/near the seam of my gas tank. I finally got around to getting a liner repair. It looks like it is gonna work out good. I used Northern fuel tank liner repair. My brother had some left over from a Rupp he recently restored. Still have not had time to address the no spark issue. I'm hoping it was just low battery. One step at a time, I'll eventually get it running.
    Last edited by x-rider; 04-15-2017 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Did you get a chance to charge the battery? I want to hear this thing!!!

All in do time.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Battery should be charged now. I forgot to turn on the switch on the strip cord. Working 50-60 hour weeks, and on the road 4 hours a day. Plus 3 kids = 0 time. I tried the battery on Easter weekend, but it didn't get charged. My bad.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    I figured out my spark issue. Woot Woot. The kill switch has some sort of safety. Slide the switch left or rights to kill it. Then in the center start position you have to push it in, and it resets it. Kind of weird. I must have bumped the kill switch. But at least I have spark now. Also I am going to use spay max 2k clear to coat my gas tank on the outside. The gas I put in was damaging the clear I had on it. Cleaned up the wiring harness as well.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //