//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: "Liquid X"

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Any update?
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

--
    Hopefully soon. Been working 50-70 hours a week since February. 2 hour drive each way. I have little time to work on it. But I am going to buy spraymax 2k for myself for Father's Day. Clear coat my tank and put it back together. Got spark again and tidied up my wiring harness. It should start up. I will be excited to ride her again.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    Quote Originally Posted by x-rider View Post
    Attachment 237476 Need help on this one guys. I'm not sure how this needs to be hooked up. It is the thermostat assembly. I believe the top one is just a sensor. Not sure if I need to hook it up to any wiring or not. The other is a vacuum or something, I can blow right through it. What or where to hook up?

So I can update you on some other options on the thermostat setup. I work on quite a few chinese machines, and that setup is commonly use with electric chokes, the hose goes from the thermostat to the carb and the choke plugs into the sensor, as I can tell you are not using the standard stock carb for that motor you will be fine running the hose to the radiator, but the sensor will work opposite of how you would want as it engages the choke till temp is reached.
    rectum nothin damn near killed them
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

--
    Thanks for the info. I have it tied into my radiator. I made a t-fitting for it to tie in. I thought it might be to the carb. IDK. I set it up as a bypass. Hope it works. Can you explain how it will work opposite?
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Tank cleared with spraymax 2k. Letting it dry for a few hours. Seems like a good clear coat. Went on good. I will let you all know how it holds up to the fuel. Also painted my race boat decals lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	244739
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    She runs. At least for a little bit. Running a little rough. Won't idle at all. Now she won't start. I ran it for a minute or two. It sounds great with the dg exhaust. The plug is almost pure black from the couple of minutes that she was running. Might have to play with the carb a little. Also was wanting to jump into gear by itself. There is not a lot of play in the clutch cable. Maybe need to have it lengthen. Any help appreciated.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    It's alive. To bad it's back to reality, hopefully I will find some time to break her in. She is smoking a little bit. Carb drain line melted on the muffler, and the new paint from muffler and header still burning off. Still more to come. Thanks for looking and happy 4th of July.

https://youtu.be/nz7bhmCyzt0
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Rode my x for the first time in years. Very awesome. Reverse is a nice option. Just got to watch out. It goes faster than you would expect. Rode it for 15 minutes. Hopefully for years more.
    Last edited by x-rider; 07-09-2017 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    On another note. I have not had a chance to really open it up. But 1st and 2nd gear feel just as torquey as the stock motor. 3rd gear seems good. 4th seems higher. Can't wait to open it up.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	244836

Here is a picture with the plastics on. Been riding around breaking her in. Overall I am happy with the build. A few more little things I need to do to complete it. I will get some video of it in action. Loving the reverse option.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Looks nice!

It would look better with a blue mounted 6 pack cooler

--
    Dam it. My cheap ass Chinese intake boot cracked. I was trying to start it and it was kind of hard to start. Then only would start at full choke. It was running a little rough and backfiring. This is when I realized I had an air leak. Glad I only let it run less than 30 seconds. It probably cracked due to the weight of the carb and uni filter. This time I will try to hook up to my air box boot. Now I will need a battery box. It was fun while it lasted, lol. Now I need to find an oem intake boot to fit my carb as well. Also if anyone knows where to get the boot I'm after would be awesome.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Ordered 2 cheepo Chinese ones again. Just out of curiosity, if I made one out of stainless steel that could support the weight of the carb and still run the filter outside the filter box. Motor ran good this way before the leak. I just like having the filter box for my battery. Don't beat me up over this. I just want to know if anyone has ever done something like this before.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by x-rider View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have it tied into my radiator. I made a t-fitting for it to tie in. I thought it might be to the carb. IDK. I set it up as a bypass. Hope it works. Can you explain how it will work opposite?
    what I meant was if you were to use it as a fan sensor to engage an electric fan, it would have the fan running till it reached temp then shut it off
    rectum nothin damn near killed them
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

--
    Update: Got my rubber intake manifold. Yes I bought an extra one too. I finally found some time last weekend to install it. I also got a pvc coupler and 1-1/2" rubber flex connector, this allowed me to temporarily zip tie it to the frame until I can make a bracket. I have been ripping it around the property for an hour here and there. It is running pretty good. I do have a question about the clutch though. The cable barely fit when I installed it. It seems as though the clutch slips a little until it is warmed up a bit. Could this be normal or is my clutch cable to short, not allowing the discs to work properly. Only other problem I am having is the hose on the t fitting I made is leaking fluid a little because the hose cannot be tightened enough. I will not be taking it on any long rides until this is fixed. Until then I will just top it off every day I ride it. One tank down, one to go and it will be broken in. Thanks for any advice about the clutch.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //