//ArrowChat Code

Thread: kindof weird to talk about with complete strangers

--

kindof weird to talk about with complete strangers

pretty uneasy about everything going on in the world, ie: everyone hating and killing our cops (marshal law OTW IMO), goat freakers isis, russia, NK. im 24 years old and not too far from being in my prime, what i would do to be 19-20 again lol. its my time to serve. ive got some family matters to take care of this winter and then im going to enlist. most likely into the Army but possibly the Marines. curious who all has served and any pointers/advice they may have. any input good or bad is appreciated. GOD BLESS THE USA

--
    Well, I did serve briefly in the Army Reserve and completed BCT in 1995. A football injury I sustained when I returned home from BCT to finish high school left me with the option to stay or go at my discretion... Me being the numbskulled 18yr old I was at the time, I decided to separate.. I have never claimed any Veteran's status or benefits nor do I intend to ever... Long story and beside the point...

But since I did serve and completed BCT I can tell you that BCT will likely be one of the most difficult first steps you will take.. I can't speak on being deployed overseas due to what I explained above. But when you first get started, you will feel alone and probably quite homesick.. This is normal. BUT, their mission is to break you and then build you back up to be a good soldier, which in turn will make you a better person. You will figure out pretty quickly that teamwork, mutual faith between you and your buddy, and attention to detail are some of the main things they want to instill in you as a new recruit. Always try 110%, keep going until you drop, never give up. As the weeks pass in training, you will notice that your Drill Sgts are starting to treat you a little more like human beings, they will give you as a platoon, and individual squads more responsibility for better or for worse. You and your fellow trainees will make mistakes, and you will all pay for the mistakes made, but don't let that drive a wedge between you and your fellow soldiers... use it to unify and strengthen your resolve to excel. It's going to be hard, both physically and mentally. But in the end, you will have a sense of pride as both an individual and as a platoon that nobody can ever take away from you...

I applaud and thank you for considering serving our country. It is not a decision to be taken lightly, no Sir.. especially with the unrest in the world that there is today. If you do decide to enlist, keep your head up and remember the reason why you did it.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    My best friend signed up for the navy. Sold or gave away all useless possessions. Shipped out to the Midwest for training and when he arrived they gave him yet another physical and discovered he had a slight eye problem in which was never a problem or even diagnosed previously (not sure how thorough the pre-entry physical exams are) so they kicked him out. He had to sit there for a month watching movies basically and wasting his time before they could ship him back home and crush all his hopes and dreams. Not to mention he gave away half of his stuff all for nothing.

*On a side note, you are still considered a veteran after being medically discharged and only serving for about two weeks of basic and a few weeks of watching movies in a room.

I know a few people I went to school with (I'm 23) that regret it. I'm not saying don't do it, just talk to people who are your age and get a feel for what it's like and what it's like after training, what it's like to be in the reserves, to be deployed or post deployment, etc. It's a great idea to go through with it, but make sure it's what you want after you do the research.

--
    Hopefully Fabiodriven chimes in here... He is a Vet and served overseas.. His words whatever they may be will be worth heeding.

I get exactly what you are saying Ghost... I was only 17 years old for a month when I enlisted... A decision that I obviously didn't take seriously enough.. And to this day I regret it.. I don't regret enlisting, I regret not giving the decision the heavy consideration it demands.. I was a fool a year later, more interested in partying and other teenage horse crap.. If I had waited till I was a little older and more mature, I think things would have been drastically different.. to me it is a black mark on my life and I blame only myself.

So yes Dirty, consider this decision carefully and with a clear mind.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Take advantage of the VEAP program. My biggest regret regarding my time in the military is that I did not take advantage of the educational benefits.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    It's your life to do as you choose and we are two different people. I quit high school in my senior year and messed around for about a year, got bored, and joined the army. Basic training and AIT were great and I'll never forget it. One of my fundamentals to this day is sets of 50 push ups until I feel better. Everything is namby-pamby now. You'll be training with women and the drill sergeants probably aren't allowed to swear at you anymore, so that's unfortunate, but I'm sure the basics are still there. Marines I'm guessing are still as hard as ever hopefully. I was scared shite the day our drill sergeant sat us down and told us how many of us in the group there that day would most likely end up going to war, and how many of us would end up killed in action. I think I was 20 at the time? It scared me a lot then. Then I went back home after about 6 months of training and got bored again (reserves). I had kind of given up on the army, just didn't show up to drills but I'd pop in every year or so. I had been gone for my longest stint yet when I read in the newspaper that my unit was being deployed to the middle east. That was in the winter of 2002 I found that out, and we were boots on the ground in the middle east in the beginning of March 2003 after training from December 2002. It was a life altering experience and something that will be a part of me always. I'm proud to have served. I wasn't scared when I left nor was I ever truly scared while I was there. That's not to say it was always enjoyable, but I made the best of it. Definitely the experience of a life time. I was deployed for a year to the day (I volunteered to stay an extra two weeks to load the ship).

I felt that what I was doing was noble. The day I watched the Twin Towers get demolished was the day I thanked myself for having put myself through training, because it was a really great feeling knowing that I had a chance to go face the people who caused and supported these kinds of acts. We were going into a place that harbored and supported openly anti-American people as well as threatened the planet with their chemical weapons. I wholeheartedly wanted to put forth whatever effort I could in order stop these people, and I was so glad that I would be able to help and possibly kill those who stood against us and caused us such a threat. I put every fiber of my being into that deployment, most of us did, and not all of us have gotten back what we put in, most of us have not. But, it was for a noble and worthy cause. So many lives impacted, so many people killed, but for a noble cause.

Here we are, 13 years later. It still seems like it just happened. I'm getting a little older now, 37 as I type this, but with age comes wisdom. I know many truths now that many don't believe and others refuse to see. The truth of it is, the Twin Towers were demolished on purpose and not taken down by airliners, war was the plan from the beginning and the Twin Towers' destruction was the permission slip from John Q Public giving our government the OK to wage war, there never were any weapons of mass destruction and anything found or used by Iraq was nothing that could have made it to our country. And if you think our government is sympathetic enough to go to war because Saddam was gassing and killing locals then you don't know what drives them. Power, money, control, oil, and greed. That's what runs the machine. Those are the fundamentals behind any government idea.

Our government is a business, and their business requires lies and deception. Those are the fundamentals of being in the government for the most part. I'm sure there are vast numbers of truly honest and good people who work for our government but they're just unaware of what the machine actually is that they are a part of. Politicians are all professional liars, all of them. We all know it and laugh about it, but I don't think it's funny at all. Our system of government was initially put into place to work for us, not the other way around. It is backwards now, it is broken. Working for them is working to support the machine which lies to us every day and keeps us slaves while a very tiny amount of the population lives in disgusting excess and is well on their way to owning the entire planet. You will be working for them to forward whatever their agenda is in order to make them even more rich and powerful. They have no regard whatsoever for human life, none. Millions of people die from war, all in the name of greed and for power. These are the people who control our country and our planet as a whole and this is who I'm interested in. The president of the United States is a tick turd compared to these people, and that's one of many reasons I don't partake with the election. It doesn't matter one iota who the president is.

Whatever drives you have, if you think you're going to go punch Isis in the face, or if you're going to fire bomb some threat to our country wearing an American flag cape, you certainly can. They will train and outfit you to do so and give you the opportunity. What they will not do is tell you the truth about what it is you're doing, because then you likely wouldn't be doing it. Our soldiers are the messengers that forward agendas and many other parts of the globe can see that. It's tough for us to see here because we're not supposed to see it. We're groomed from birth to believe what we do, so in that sense we know these things. The ego of the everyday American is enough to make many never question what they know, even if they see something to the contrary with their own two eyes. Many people find it insulting to even question themselves for anything, and that's completely on purpose. Don't question, don't think, obey.

You will be working for a bank, most likely the Rothchilds. Our country is owned by banks. This is a fact. I don't know who off the top of my head, but whoever was responsible for turning the US dollar over to a private company (the federal reserve) sold this country to a private organization. If every dollar borrowed has interest attached to it, there simply is almost no way to ever pay back the debt owed once you reach a high enough number. There just isn't enough gold on the planet, and because of this our country is now owned by the federal reserve. They aim to own the planet and they just may succeed. You will be working for them.

If nobility is your drive, you might look into a gathering this coming weekend. It's called the Million Mask March. Remember remember the fifth of November. I hope I have given you some insight! Good luck with whatever it is you choose to do!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    You mentioned Russia and how they concern you. I don't know how much you've heard Putin speak outside of whatever our biased and paid-for media is showing you, but if Putin truly interests you please watch the link in the post I'm linking here. Putin hits the nail on the head in the link provided, and if you'd like to sign up to go face him then I'd highly suggest you hear how he truly thinks of us.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...54#post1431654
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Damn bro, some heavy stuff here…

I was gung-ho about serving in my late teens as well, especially since my Grandfather served in 3 wars (lied about his age when he was 15 and joined the Merchant Marines in 1945) and received his Purple Heart in the earliest years of Vietnam (USMC recon). Being a kid who was raised on GI Joe and toy guns I was mesmerized by his stories and how he got so into them while retelling. In my late teens I was talking to the local USMC recruiter and ended up not enlisting due to a newly broken back and a distraught Mother (my USMC Grandfather's daughter). Many of my close friends enlisted as a group and booted together. We were all a little crazy before that, so they all had a blast serving and came back crazier than ever. I remember so many bar fights, drunken nights, etc…and most of the time their USMC affiliation kept them out of trouble. We still all keep in touch, and most of them have developed a solid distrust of the US Government. Interestingly enough, most former armed forces that I have worked with doing security and VIP protection details feel the same way. I guess what I'm saying is that I completely respect your choice to serve, but I'll leave you with a quote from my friend Jaysn, USMC… "I don't mind killing, I just want it to be because I want to kill them and not because someone told me to".

Once I had my heroes
    Once I had my dreams
    But all of that is changed now
    The truth begins again
    The truth is not that comfortable, no

Mother taught us patience
    The virtues of restrain
    Father taught us boundaries
    The knowledge we must go
    I'm trying to protect my unity

That's when I reach for my revolver
    That's when it all gets blown away
    That's when I reach for my revolver
    The spirit fights to find its way

-Mission to Burma; That's When I Reach For My Revolver
    Last edited by Caminofeld; 11-02-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    Ragin' full on...

--
    fabio- first off thank you. that was the type of reply i was hoping for. you touched on a few things that have been tripping me up. we as a whole are a business and well as war. i dont want to end up fighting for someone elses pockets. i understand that there will always be someone one profiting off war and thats fine with me. similar to what Camino touched on with a quote from his buddy, Jaysn "I don't mind killing, I just want it to be because I want to kill them and not because someone told me to". put me in front of isis and i could easily wholeheartedly do exactly what i need to do. put me in front of russia because they are tired of our governments lies (as i am) and i couldn't wholeheartedly fight that war. i guess with signing you dont get to pick exactly what youd be fighting for, or even if you would fight at all. but i would hate to end up almost agreeing with the enemy if that makes sense. you also touched on anon, i do follow their movement (not like some people) and have found them a useful well of information. although some of their claims have seemed kind of far fetched. i guess any news/media outlet will have some stuff like that, though.

--
    You are very smart. You've got every angle covered so whatever you choose will be the correct decision.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //