//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 200x class at the NEETD TT Nationals 2017.

--
    So it's only $1500 to build a motor?I'll have more than that in mine.Without a big bore.TC said there is no reason for it.His motors make plenty of power.Tim said at one time if 10 riders showed up at Pine Lake with 200x's,could have a class.If time permitted to fit in that day.You posted this elsewhere on this forum without much response.Think it would be good to keep it in the racers section where it belongs!Or maybe the classfieds perhaps.

--
    This is Joe. Yes, our suggestion was 10 but I don't know if that's how it's going to work. To be fair to everyone, you should give them the correct rules the first time. No, I'm not talking about motor rules, mainly the numbers needed for a class. I would expect the new rules to come out soon, maybe after the banquet.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jays375 View Post
    So it's only $1500 to build a motor?I'll have more than that in mine.Without a big bore.TC said there is no reason for it.His motors make plenty of power.Tim said at one time if 10 riders showed up at Pine Lake with 200x's,could have a class.If time permitted to fit in that day.You posted this elsewhere on this forum without much response.Think it would be good to keep it in the racers section where it belongs!Or maybe the classfieds perhaps.
    I had way more $$$ in mine and Jays, you saw how it did this year in Ed's hands. Tom's one helluva builder, good luck whatever direction you go and let me know if you have any more questions. Good to see such a push for racer x's again.

P.S. This is getting moved to the racer's lounge.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Oh it won't be $1500 for sure.Mine is finally getting started!

--
    At one of the final races at Paradise there was talk of NEEDT having a race there in 2017. We had over ten racers at the last 2 races in the 200 class. Rich Lilly runs a TC motor on his 200x and he flies around that track and hes no 100 pound soaking wet guy.He told me his trike is around 33-34 HP.I like Paradises rules I can race my 200r in the 200 class.
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    This is Joe. Yes, our suggestion was 10 but I don't know if that's how it's going to work. To be fair to everyone, you should give them the correct rules the first time. No, I'm not talking about motor rules, mainly the numbers needed for a class. I would expect the new rules to come out soon, maybe after the banquet.
    Thank you!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    I had way more $$$ in mine and Jays, you saw how it did this year in Ed's hands. Tom's one helluva builder, good luck whatever direction you go and let me know if you have any more questions. Good to see such a push for racer x's again.

P.S. This is getting moved to the racer's lounge.
    IMO TC is the best full race engine builder right there with Sparks, I don't build full race motors for the most part, I learned a long time ago that the big numbers are in the customers that want to double their HP on pump gas, so low compression big bore stroker old school air cooled motors is what part of my business is, but the biggest part is my V-Twins.

I have a passion for the 200x class because I made a living on one, but I won't make a living off full race 200xes. Most guys are just going with a piston, cam carb and pipe that you can buy off the shelf.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    At one of the final races at Paradise there was talk of NEEDT having a race there in 2017. We had over ten racers at the last 2 races in the 200 class. Rich Lilly runs a TC motor on his 200x and he flies around that track and hes no 100 pound soaking wet guy.He told me his trike is around 33-34 HP.I like Paradises rules I can race my 200r in the 200 class.

33-34hp would be at the crank, subtract 25-30% to the rear wheel. I'm told a Selves 200r is 40hp at the rear wheels, do you think running a 20 some hp 200x should run against a 40hp 350x or 200r, and maybe a bored and stroke 250cc motorcycle build? I don't, you will see better racing like you do at Paradise with all 200xes. Everyday this is what I hear from people all over the country, so I hope this class grows all over, not just the nationals.

--
    I know for a fact that my 200r isn't 40 HP. Its not always the most HP that wins races. Put a beginner on a Selvy 200r and a seasoned racer on a nearly stock 200x and you would have a good race.You yourself have told of many times you beat team Honda members at the races on your 200x.
    250r rules

--
    I know for a fact that my 200r isn't 40 HP. Its not always the most HP that wins races. Put a beginner on a Selvy 200r and a seasoned racer on a nearly stock 200x and you would have a good race.You yourself have told of many times you beat team Honda members at the races on your 200x.
    Yes I did, but it was a sticky MX race and the 4 stroke worked better. We are talking big TT tracks at the nationals against the best racers there are. I could always do good on my 218 or 240cc 200x in the national 250 pro class, only the factory riders would beat me, but I knew I couldn't win. Now if you have a all 200x class and you don't have the 3-5 hp as the fastest guys you are you still have a good chance to win if you are a good rider with a good set up. It just makes for better racing.

The thing is TC Racing bought his kits from Powroll, my 212cc motors made 21-22 hp, TC said he was making 25hp with our kits, but his racers never beat me. The thing is we don't race dynos.
    Last edited by Mickey Dunlap; 11-09-2016 at 01:51 PM.

--
    I think there should be 2 200 classes 1 open and 1 super stock. The 200x owners with deep pockets are going to dominate the class. The guys with a stockish trike with flat track tires only on it aren't going to have a chance.
    250r rules

--
    I think there should be 2 200 classes 1 open and 1 super stock. The 200x owners with deep pockets are going to dominate the class. The guys with a stockish trike with flat track tires only on it aren't going to have a chance.
    I agree but this is the first year so we have to see the turn out. I think it will come down to a .040 over only class and then open in 2018. Baby steps.

--
    Here's a poor disadvantaged 200x passing a 250f on a straight, chasing down 2 - 2 stroke 200s and passing the one that is supposedly 40hp. https://youtu.be/6wPyzueZYAs

Mickey started this class, without asking anyone who supports or races the series, so he could get away from Dwight Jekel and Jacob Hall, the top riders in the Lites class. There is no other explanation for it. If a little 218 can compete on the longest track in the series, surely your big 250 could. You're a spoiled child who didn't get your way so you went behind everyone's backs to start your own class. It's embarrassing that someone who has been to only 3 NEEDT races cried and whined till he got a new class.

ATC300R, 200xs can compete I need any 3 wheeler class at the NEEDT, at the large races like Pine lake there is a vintage A and VINTAGE B class also. But you're right, the guy with a stock ish 200x won't compete in this class, just like they wouldn't compete in the Lites class, but Mickey has a shot since he got a class without the 2 best riders. This is a dumb stunt by a spoiled engine builder. Your 200r can compete in vintage class, Lites, or open so you have plenty of choices for it. I hope to see you out if there is in fact a race at Paradise this year, i'll make sure I meet you this time.
    Ps, keep your ears open for the new rules, there may be an addition to the Lites class that will appeal to you
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Here's a poor disadvantaged 200x passing a 250f on a straight, chasing down 2 - 2 stroke 200s and passing the one that is supposedly 40hp. https://youtu.be/6wPyzueZYAs

Mickey started this class, without asking anyone who supports or races the series, so he could get away from Dwight Jekel and Jacob Hall, the top riders in the Lites class. There is no other explanation for it. If a little 218 can compete on the longest track in the series, surely your big 250 could. You're a spoiled child who didn't get your way so you went behind everyone's backs to start your own class. It's embarrassing that someone who has been to only 3 NEEDT races cried and whined till he got a new class.

ATC300R, 200xs can compete I need any 3 wheeler class at the NEEDT, at the large races like Pine lake there is a vintage A and VINTAGE B class also. But you're right, the guy with a stock ish 200x won't compete in this class, just like they wouldn't compete in the Lites class, but Mickey has a shot since he got a class without the 2 best riders. This is a dumb stunt by a spoiled engine builder. Your 200r can compete in vintage class, Lites, or open so you have plenty of choices for it. I hope to see you out if there is in fact a race at Paradise this year, i'll make sure I meet you this time.
    Ps, keep your ears open for the new rules, there may be an addition to the Lites class that will appeal to you

LOL The lites class is great for me, the first time out proved we have a 350x with only 38 hp that hole shoted every race Bryan started in. If you want to about me making money, that race sold two of those motor, $3000 builds each. If I ride one and the other guys show up we will have at least 4 of them in that class and by then I'll be over 40 hp, then you can cry about that. No I didn't bow down and kiss your ATC racer promoters golden ring because I had no idea I had to go through anyone to talk to Shawn, he's the guy that gave me the OK on the class. And I didn't have to talk to you or anyone else or Shawn would have said something, who are you or anyone else that thinks they are the only ones that can promote a class if they see a need. So far the only BS I get is from you and Tim, I don't care! Shawn gave the OK, it was a done deal, he said just get me some rules, I made it easy, there are no hassles with rules unless you and Tim get in there with something I don't know about. And if so we will go by that if that's what Shawn say, because he's the one making money at this. If someone has some good rules go for it. I brought it to as many people as I could, got over 20 people giving info on it and we all agreed to keep it simple with no cc limits the first year to get as many "new racers" out to race, and it's working. I sold Durablue 8 axles for 200xes in 3 hours, which I didn't make a penny on. I just wanted to get the racers a discount of over $200 off and to show my long time sponsor that there is a market in old school 3 wheelers. All that because I have a passion for the growth of the sport. Get over it!

--
    It's clear that some people don't understand the Volumetric efficiency of a 200x 2 valve motor, my low compression 250cc kits make less peak HP then the smaller 218cc motors, they have more torque but not more HP then a high compression 218 with bigger cams. This is why I ordered in smaller high compression pistons today for the 200 Ron Fields is going to race for me. Will it be as fast as TC's motors, probably not, it will be up to the rider. I never had more HP then Sparks, but I still won 80 some percent of the races we race together in, that's why Honda signed me. If you don't under stand how to build a motor, and you judge me and my motive you lose!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //