//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 200x class at the NEETD TT Nationals 2017.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    You are mistaken. The only person here with an ego problem is Mickey as usual. For some reason, every time, someone has to turn these Mickey battles into "everyone being at fault". Enough is enough. The man is a menace and creates these issues wherever he goes. Joe very clearly presented his side as he has from the beginning of this debacle and there are other people in this thread backing him up. I'm sick of everyone letting Mickey slide because he is Mickey and not because whatever he's doing is right.

Mickey has waltzed into a well-established series that many people other than himself have poured their blood, sweat, and tears into building from the ground up. Many of these people have so much more vested in this than merely just money, and Mickey thinks he's just going to walk in and say what's what? Not a chance.

No, I'm not a racer and haven't been, so your next step might be to tell me to mind my business. I'll tell you where I fit in to this.

After Trikefest this year we had some fierce fighting here on the boards. People have no problems blaming me and blaming the site, but very few people want to speak out about the true cause which is two fold. The first problem is Mickey Dunlap. The second problem shows up to the races in its own trailer. No, not a bike. His ego. The parallel here is Mickey came to ONE TRIKEFEST. He wasn't there very long and did not experience very many of the true grit events or places that define that event. Six years I've been to Trikefest with many other members having gone much more than myself, but we're not trying to change anything. We know what it is, how it ticks, and what makes it beautiful. Just as easily we can see what threatens it. Mickey is blind to these things, he's been once and not for very long, and he has no clue what makes it tick, yet after Trikefest he had so many ideas of how it should be run. It's not his event or place to even try and insert himself, just the same as this isn't! His ideas for Trikefest will actually BE DETRIMENTAL to the event, yet he insists. I'm sure this coming year he's going to do what he wants because even though nobody asked him and nobody wants him to, Mickey seems to think he knows what is best for all of us.

For the love of Christ, if you people still have not awoken to the detriment this man is amongst our community, please open your eyes soon before he does any more damage!!!

The problem is not "everyone here", the problem is not 3WW, the common denominator over and over in these situations is one thing- MICKEY DUNLAP!!!

I have taken my lumps over and over again for the sake of us all battling this guy and I refused to give up. I had no support, it was just me, but I know the difference between right and wrong and backing down is not an option in that instance for me. He has dragged my name through the mud continuously, yet everyone wants me to stop. I will never, nor will Joe, nor will Jays. You people need to open your eyes and realize that this man is a petulant child trapped in a fat old man's body who cries like the spoiled brat he is every time he doesn't get his way. Probably been doing it his entire life. There is no room for that at Trikefest and I'm sure these racers are not looking to take that on either. It's high time you people set aside your slack for this guy, which seems to be endless for some reason. He doesn't get any more slack, he doesn't deserve it, and he can cry and call on Jesus Christ all he wants because we're not his parents and we're not going to give in to the crying. (Cue the prayers by the way)

So no, these people are not a disgrace and the site isn't to blame. There's only one wrong person here and that is Mickey Dunlap. If it were anyone else who'd have tried this stunt it would have been squashed immediately, however Mickey has used his slack yet again, not for the best interest of all racers involved, but just to please himself. These racers were perfectly happy before someone came along and decided what they should do for them. It's not going to work that way and I applaud Joe as well as the other racers standing up to this child. It needs to be recognized once and for all who this child is and the messes he leaves in his wake everywhere he goes. He's not "taking the bait", these boys aren't baiting him. He's tying his own noose, he's flat out starting trouble! He started a class nobody wanted and he also started this thread. And you're faulting others for standing up for themselves?

Joe and your fellow racers, I applaud your efforts and stand by you. Together we can finally open some eyes to who this child is and why what he says should not be taken for gospel.

LOL you crack me up!

--
    Well spoken Fabio.

--
    Like we have been saying this isn't 30 years ago your haydays are over. I think its great that you want to get back on a trike with the old band hope it happens for you . The thing is you say you want the sport to grow but in your favor. I don't know a lot 14 yearolds with 3-5 grand to plop down on a full race 200x. Also 2 and 4 stroke can co exist look at the open class mixture of 450 4 strokes and big and small bore 2 strokes. I dont believe a 200 blaster or tri moto 175 is going to hit the 40 hp point. Sounds to me like you want full control of the 200 class so you have say in who can race in it .Also I don't care how many models of trikes that were sold 30 years ago that has nothing to do with today. Over the past 30 years 200 cc engines have came out of the woodwork. I think the class should be closer to stock than full blow modified put those in the lites class . You need to go to some more races and walk threw the pit area and talk to the young guys . I loned my carb off my 200x to a new racer at the second to last race at Paradise so he could make the main .It was his first race and he lost his airscrew I was racing my 200r so I loned him my carb.He came back to race the final race. Its funny when your name gets mentioned at the races most guys don't know you or are alittle irritated by mention of Mickey One Lap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    It is point less to have a 200 class with 2 strokes and 4 strokes, it didn't work before 30 years ago, so Honda spent $30,000 per 200r so they could win. They had 200xes, that wouldn't run with Team Green and all the other 200 2 stroke de-bored engines. It comes down to a overwelming amount of 4 stroke 200xes that are already to go wanting a class where they can race on something they can run against. It's all about the numbers. It's not about Mickey, get that out of your mind. I just happen to be a person that know there is a market for this class and it's up to the promoter if he was to take advantage of that.
    Last edited by atc300r; 11-14-2016 at 07:34 AM.
    250r rules

--
    0';

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    God knows they're not looking to make any effort to do anything, never mind move their foot to shift. If there was something that dispensed Cheetos every time they shifted that might be a different story. Welcome to America, where the biggest is best and even fat people who are too lazy to shift can climb a mountain.

--
    Does this much "drama" go on at these races,,,, geeze.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

200x class at the NEETD TT Nationals 2017.

The problem doesn't lie in the tracks or the series, and it's not the riders either. It's one builder who situations like this surround. I've been saying it for a very long time and a good chunk of the rest of the motorsports industry has already been down this road. There is but one person and one person only who wants this class so badly he's willing to fight for it, and that's Mickey Dunlap. Here are multiple racers all voicing their opinions loud and clear, guys with years on the track, all very nicely asking for this please to not go through. These are the racers, the nitty-gritty, the boots on the ground, the men who will be on these bikes and in these races, and I see all of them clearly standing on one side with only one person on the other side.

If that solitary person's name didn't happen to be Mickey Dunlap, how far would this have gone? Why is anyone standing anywhere other than opposing this man and if anyone is, why have we not heard from one of them? Where was the outcry for this to happen? Who wanted this aside from one man who stands to gain both financially and by making better odds for his own bike on the track? How can this not be crystal clear to everyone?

What would happen with this class if nobody wanted to run it I'm wondering?
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 11-13-2016 at 08:47 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Yes and No.Yes we had drama at Paradise.No it wasnt the trikes or quads it was some arrogant a-sshole in the 600 minisprint class.He ended up getting the police called on him because he was being aggresive towards the track officials.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    Does this much "drama" go on at these races,,,, geeze.
    250r rules

--
    I raced trikes back in the 80s not on the pro circut just local tracks.I want the sport to grow so we dont end up banned again.
    250r rules

--
    Is the class official yet? If yes then try it and see how it works out. If no then appeal to the leaders of the classes and squash it. Either way endless mud slinging isn't solving anything.
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    2003 Polaris Predator 500
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    There is very little drama at trike races, it only lives on the internet
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2006-01-11 22.30.56.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	236864
    Lets just go racing!

--
    It's growing every day, the people with 200xes are speaking out!

Name:	Screenshot 2016-11-15 09.21.43.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	236975

--
    I think we are going to need a A and B class by the looks of people I don't even know of building new 200xes.

Name:	Screenshot 2016-11-15 09.43.27.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	236976

--
    Must be true.Saw it on the internet.

--
    Funny We 200x guys have been speaking out on this whole thread. But we aren't your people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    It's growing every day, the people with 200xes are speaking out!

Name:	Screenshot 2016-11-15 09.21.43.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	236975
    250r rules

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //