//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Spare the hacksaw and Rustoleum, save the bike.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --

Spare the hacksaw and Rustoleum, save the bike.

I bought this bike 20 years ago, and it hadn't been cleaned in years. Not many 650 Specials left in near stock condition due to the cafe/brat/bobber craze. This bike is still a bit rough, but I will get it looking like new again. The bike has only 6,349 miles on it. Not perfect, but not too bad for a bike that is nearly 40 years old.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1978 Yamaha XS650SE 2.jpg   craphole ridge.jpg  
    Last edited by tripledog; 11-09-2016 at 01:44 AM. Reason: the other side

--
    Unfortunately, this is how many XS650s end up. Check out the rear brake rod and the fuel line to nowhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xs650 hack.jpg   xs650 hack 2.jpg  

--
    Ya. Not many 650's unmolested anymore. Nice bike you have.
    A guy at work has a real nice 650 bobber. He is working on his second. I will try and get pics of his.

--
    The guy that owns the hack job I posted is asking $2,500 and said "Don't make any stupid offers.". Personally, I think any offer on that bike would be stupid. Almost as stupid as using a CB750 clutch cover as an XS650 alternator cover, and using a piece of band iron for a brake rod as he did.
    My bike is not totally stock, but I have the correct taillight, rear turn signal lenses, and front fork dust covers for it. I also have the hideous Genuine Yamaha Accessory high back seat and sissy bar for it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    The guy that owns the hack job I posted is asking $2,500 and said "Don't make any stupid offers.". Personally, I think any offer on that bike would be stupid. Almost as stupid as using a CB750 clutch cover as an XS650 alternator cover, and using a piece of band iron for a brake rod as he did.
    My bike is not totally stock, but I have the correct taillight, rear turn signal lenses, and front fork dust covers for it. I also have the hideous Genuine Yamaha Accessory high back seat and sissy bar for it.
    Ya. He is not going to get anything for that. Brake rod is killer. LOL. I am just saying... The Yamaha 650 stuff is going for a good buck. Lots of interest. Depends on the area and demand.

Geeze. These days it is best to part things out. I can probably part out my 1999 WZF600 for over $4000.00. Running as it sits. $1000.00...

--
    Unfortunately, this is how many XS650s end up. Check out the rear brake rod and the fuel line to nowhere.
    Is that a store bought V bottom swimming pool I see in the background of the second photo?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Is that a store bought V bottom swimming pool I see in the background of the second photo?
    I think it is actually a Mega Mosquito breeding pool.

--
    I think it is actually a Mega Mosquito breeding pool.
    The skeeter version of Hugh Hefner's swimming pool
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //