//ArrowChat Code
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Live 3Wheeling Magazine

--
    we fabricated an aluminum tank where the tank usually goes, right between your knees. for off-road we ran a thicker seat. and for short course and speedway we used the stock seat. the 360 mugen kit was before yamaha tri-z. it was a big bore kit for the honda 81 thru 85, i think. fast fast fast

Old 179 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate250
    Did you use the original seat while your whole racing career or did you convert to the tank on the cross bar, or tri-z speaking, bars?
    You mentioned the mugen 360? What is this? A new trike we do not know about?

360 was a big bore kit made by Mugan. It was adapted from the use on the honda cr 250 dirtbike. $700 for the kit. (1981 Dollars)(Cylinder head, cylinder, piston, rings. mikuni powerjet 36mm carb., reed valves, intake manifold, clutch spring kit, ect. Stock crank was used, Bore was changed from 70 to 83.5 mm.
    Crank cases were split and milled to except the new cylinder. cost of another $150

--

Old 179 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaHarry

Good info. That is for dirt bikes only.

They had the atc mugan kit. Thier ads were in Dirt wheels and 3Wheeling mags
    81-84 (our bibles) My mention was out of the Dirt Wheel, Sept 81 issue, pages 42-43 artical. Atc kit included the 36 carb where the dirt bike must of had the 36 already on the bike! The same pamplet for the machining is in both kits.

--
    yeah, i think i had to travel to hesperia CA . and pick everything up. I was teamed with craig corda on that bike. we won the parker 400 SCORE, that year. . that motor was vicious.

--
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

mad_max is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Dean, I saw a pic of the "europen tour" jacket over on Driscolls thread...
    Whats the story behind that?

--
    In 1985, Brett Dirscoll, his dad Mike, and I went to Rotterdam, Holland to race an indoor ATC event. This was run on a bicycle veladrome, but the ATCs ran up and down the aisles and down in the basement. The event was put on by Veronica TV, which is Holland-based, kinda like our ESPN, but they not only broadcasted these events, they promoted them as well. Veronica's Bob Dejong, paid all of our ways to have Brett race against the best Euopean ATC riders of that time.

We flew on a chartered 747 owned by Martin Air, and Brett brought along all of his tuning stuff, as there was a basic/borrowed 3-wheeler for him to ride. That event was on TV all over Europe.

Later on that same year, we came back to Holland for the big beach race at Scheveningen, and Brett and others, rode again.

Now about the jacket. Brett as you may know, is the king of silk screening in the Imperial Valley, so making up some custom jackets was too easy for him. The European Tour was about having some riders form American come over to Holland and race against the European riders. The other jacket, was his Factory-Tri logo, when he was making parts for the Tri-Z. I think either of those jackets have only been worn only a few times. Brett also made up custom jerseys and long-sleeve T-shirts for the staff. That one cover on 3Wheeling, with the night pit scene and our Dico trailer, Brett made up all the shirts for that photo session. We never had to worry about cool T-shirts, etc, when Brett was around.

--
    hellow has any 1 heard of a pacesetter 3 wheeler and if so can any 1 tell me about them

--
    Amazing what you can find when you clean out your garage! I uncovered this sign from 1981. After 3Wheeling and Honda ran the Parker 400, and then a month later (March 1981), the Mexicali 250, we showed the ATCs at the annual SCORE show at Anaheim. This was the sign I had made up to display that famous ATC250R.

As you know, Bob "Ace" Williams died a few years back, and Mike Chester has been paralyzed since 1983. Steve Wright is a successful clothing retailer based in Alpine, California.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sign.JPG  
    Last edited by oldfart; 01-11-2007 at 12:12 AM.

--
    Blog Entries
    thats cool old fart.. you got alot of that kind of stuff layin around?

--
    What company does steve run? Oh, and did you get pictures of those sticks? I did send you my email, no?
    Rest in peace Rex Carlson

--
    Did you know a Factory rider named Marty Smith. From Kawi?

A little birdie told me where to find the trike in a certain spot under a tree in Nantucketville, Santee.

GET BACK TO ME
    Last edited by firefirefire90; 01-18-2007 at 07:45 PM.
    Rest in peace Rex Carlson

--
    steve, owns the "out house" in a couple of malls in SD. they are like pac sun. yes, i know marty smith. i saw him 2 years ago at el cajon MX track.

viper is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    well i started reading this thread last night about 9 pm and didnt ( couldnt ) stop till i read all 40 pages ..just couldnt sem to walk away from this thread ..thank you guys for sharing your stories with us it was very cool .................shannon
    350 stock cyl drag banshee
    85 yamaha tri-z stretched and powered by a SPROCK RACING big bore on alky baby ..yes its fast and no you cant ride it ...lol
    86 atc 250r
    86 350x

????? who knows what else ?????
    and if you want to take donations i will stay home !!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //