//ArrowChat Code
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Live 3Wheeling Magazine

--
    Blog Entries
    Dean and driscoll333,

Do either of you guys have any good pictures of the old desert racing machines? Particularly the 1985/86 Team Honda 250Rs?

I've also heard there was some people running Tri-Z's in the desert but have never seen a picture of one. I've been wondering what they did for a larger capacity gas tank.

My next trike project is going to be a desert trike in the mold of the Team Honda machines. Finding images or any info about them is difficult though.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammit!
    Dean and driscoll333,

Do either of you guys have any good pictures of the old desert racing machines? Particularly the 1985/86 Team Honda 250Rs?

I've also heard there was some people running Tri-Z's in the desert but have never seen a picture of one. I've been wondering what they did for a larger capacity gas tank.

My next trike project is going to be a desert trike in the mold of the Team Honda machines. Finding images or any info about them is difficult though.
    I don't have any pics of the desert hondas but I raced desert on them in 85-86. I remember the desert mods were the same for most honda riders back then. The axle was run in the shortest position. 22 inch ohtsu pro vector tall profile tires. Some riders ran the wheels mounted inward to shorten the wheelbase even more to clear large rocks. Acerbis handguards, desert tanks and beefy skidplates. I don't remember what pipes the honda guys ran but other than some porting and bigger carbs the bikes weren't tweaked too much. I saw Fred Wings ( he worked for Honda and was a great desert racer) up close many times and it appeared to have longer travel than all the others but his was the only one I remember like that. It would be very cool to do a Baja set up 250R. I'll ask my buddy Denny Wolf what he ran for a tank on his tri-z. He won Barstow to Vegas in his class on a tri-z in 85 or 86. I'll post that info soon. I remember some kind of fuel reserve tank mounted as a # plate but I'm not clear anymore.
    own:
    1986 250R- ported polished, carb mods, Esr atc-5 pipe and silencer

1986 250R- mild porting, carb mods (Clean!)

1985 350X- all stock (super clean!!)

1985 350x- desert project in the works

1986 250sx- Mostly stock

1985 200x- (pretty clean mostly stock)

1985 Yamaha tri zinger 60

--
    Blog Entries
    Now see, I have never heard that before about narrowing the width at all. Not sure how I feel about it actually.

I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to actually compete with it as I haven't looked into wether or not I'd be allowed to (anyone know?) but either way, I WILL build something along those lines for my own enjoyment if nothing else. It's something I've always wanted to do. I'll probably have more mods than it sounds like they did but nothing crazy. Mostly chassis/suspension stuff to make for a more forgiving ride.

ANY desert racing stories you guys have from back in the day would be great for this thread. I love reading this stuff.

--
    I was a young teenager when I got my first atc...an '84 Honda ATC 110...Blue.

I quickly subscribed to DirtWheels & 3-Wheelin (ATVSports).

I still have EVERY issue I ever received!!

--
    DAMMIT

My uncle still has his factory 1986 ATC 250R desert race bike. IMS sold the large capacity tanks for them, and should still be available?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00010.JPG  
    1975 ATC90 for sale
    1985 ATC250R
    2 X 2004 YFZ 450's
    2006 Yamaha Rhino

--
    why is my flywheel not engaging

--
    why is my flywheel not engaging on my honda 200es

--
    I think your in the wrong thread buddy, try going to Trikeslyvania and start a new thread.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsking86 View Post
    I think your in the wrong thread buddy, try going to Trikeslyvania and start a new thread.

definately..
    quiet people seem intelligent

gaukel350x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I remember my first 3 wheeler, it was like love at first sight.
    What I own:
    1985 honda 350x
    1974 yamaha mx 125 aka "champ"
    1993 honda 110 mini bike
    1986 kawasaki 300 jetski
    1987 Ford Ranger Prerunner

Rider for Life

ATCT is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Hey, Dean, hope you still check us out from time to time.

I thought you'd like to know that your magazine is really expensive. The last issue I bought ran me $30.

Damn that eBay....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8d0f_1.jpg  
    1984 Honda ATC250R

Old 179 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCT View Post
    Hey, Dean, hope you still check us out from time to time.

I thought you'd like to know that your magazine is really expensive. The last issue I bought ran me $30.

Damn that eBay....
    Tri-z guys would like this copy. This was first pictures "sneak preview" of the 85 Tri-Z.
    Not bad for a $2 news stand issue. I must be sitting on a gold mine, on all those
    issues from several mag and paper sources!!!!!!!!!

--
    Hey Guys.... Been away too long with too many irons in the fire, and enough time to enjoy them all. Here is an old photo from the distant past... Can you name any of the players? Enjoy, Dean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Good Ole Days-2.jpg  

--
    Dean,
    I think I can name 5 of the players. Darryl Bassani, Jimmy White, Lance Bryson, Marty Hart, and I "think" Bruce Simurda? How'd I do?

Mike
    Last edited by CoeShow; 01-16-2008 at 09:54 PM.

--
    coe, i think u got the ones i know,is that mickey dunlap?(front center)
    speed kills

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //