//ArrowChat Code
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Live 3Wheeling Magazine

--
    For stickerman68: Use the "go advanced" option then use the "preview post" to see if your posted pictures will work or not. Welcome to the site.

Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robindavis View Post
    Hey anyone heard from old fart lately?! Sorry I've been away. I'm on 2 other boards, moderating one on women motorcyclist for Brenda Fox. Long story...will post more later. She's battling breast cancer and other health issues...former 3 wheel racer. If anyone wants to donate to her cause, 100% goes to medical and drugs (she has no insurance and no family support) http://starride.net/brendafox and check out her other site where the chicks hang http://womenmotorcyclist.com . Anyway...I'll get more pics and stories up soon.
    Robin
    Please DO ..

--
    Very sorry to hear about Brenda Fox. She appeared in one issue of 3Wheeling as a model. We did a photo shoot using camping gear near Buckman Springs, off Highway 8 towards El Centro. She appeared with Bruce Simurda around a tent scene near that lake up there... We even had a custom helmet painted with her name on it... Hope she beats the cancer, and gets back riding motorcycles. Dean

--
    Dean, email me at robindavis@cox.net

--
    I know this is an OLD thread but I am new here and while browsing around I saw this thread and it gave me goosebumps:...

(from the very FIRST post) -----We even covered ATC90 flat-track racing in the San Diego area during the late '70s.-----

I was there (a young child 8/9/10???) and vaguely remember those days!!! WOW,memories, just had to comment.....Ken

--

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chopperimpala View Post
    I know this is an OLD thread but I am new here and while browsing around I saw this thread and it gave me goosebumps:...

(from the very FIRST post) -----We even covered ATC90 flat-track racing in the San Diego area during the late '70s.-----

I was there (a young child 8/9/10???) and vaguely remember those days!!! WOW,memories, just had to comment.....Ken

Ken....flat tracking at Speedway 117? I was there! Good times, good memories.

--
    so what happened to your race bike? the yellow 90 to be specific. and was all done to it?
    "Your 4 wheeler must be fast because you were haulin' ass....UNTIL I passed you on 3 wheels"

RIDE RED......OR RIDE HOME

TRIKES ARE NOT DANGEROUS......IDIOTS ARE!

RIP

NOS_350X is the most bad-ass person in the world

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    so what happened to your race bike? the yellow 90 to be specific. and was all done to it?
    I ended up selling it, which in itself is amazing, because I usually keep things. I just sold last summer a 1983 and a 1986 ATC200X three wheelers.

The yellow bike:
    Johnson Bandito Frame
    Stratton Link springer front end (that was the bomb in those days! suspension!)
    108cc long-stroke engine with cam/valves ported
    Ace ported the head, put a long rod on my crank and added a spacer plate so the piston would not hit the head.
    It had a carb...can't remember what kind now. But the jets were drilled out for alcohol.
    Bassani pipe.
    Trivic Sprockets.

I'm sure it would all come to me....but that's what I remember.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by robindavis View Post
    I ended up selling it, which in itself is amazing, because I usually keep things. I just sold last summer a 1983 and a 1986 ATC200X three wheelers.

The yellow bike:
    Johnson Bandito Frame
    Stratton Link springer front end (that was the bomb in those days! suspension!)
    108cc long-stroke engine with cam/valves ported
    Ace ported the head, put a long rod on my crank and added a spacer plate so the piston would not hit the head.
    It had a carb...can't remember what kind now. But the jets were drilled out for alcohol.
    Bassani pipe.
    Trivic Sprockets.

I'm sure it would all come to me....but that's what I remember.

So a 54mm piston with a long rod ? Or a stock bore with say, a 61mm stroker?
    "Your 4 wheeler must be fast because you were haulin' ass....UNTIL I passed you on 3 wheels"

RIDE RED......OR RIDE HOME

TRIKES ARE NOT DANGEROUS......IDIOTS ARE!

RIP

NOS_350X is the most bad-ass person in the world

--
    hello this my first post on here i used to have a subscription to that mag glad to see u on here, u one lucky man to have done that..

--
    hey how do i get in to racing my 3wheeler?
    thanks john

--
    Hi gang. Been busy doing the magazine deal, and haven't had too much time to hang out with you all. I have listed two items for sale on e-Bay, both my Team Honda apparel. Since I do not ride any more, and these items certainly don't fit me! I am selling them. They are both Team Honda ATC from Hondaline, and are a size Large jersey and size 32 pants... Thanks for reading... Dean
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Team-...item3cb8fe1a50

--
    Dean good to hear from ya I just bid on them but I guess not enough haha glad your still around
    85 Atc 70
    86 Atc 125m
    85 atc 350x
    86 atc 250r
    86 Atc 250r TT build
    85 Big Red bought brand NEW
    2012 Honda Goldwing Gl1800

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    So a 54mm piston with a long rod ? Or a stock bore with say, a 61mm stroker?
    I have to think on that one....it was a loooooooooooooooooong time ago! It wasn't a stock bore I can tell you that. Sometimes I get it confused with my 200X I raced in SCORE. That was an overbore. But I think on my 90, it might have been 58mm. Something about that number rings a bell.

And to the guy who wants to get into racing your 3 wheeler.....it's not happening. No one will put on a race for those trikes. Insurance and govt regulations make sure of that!

I need to get back to the boards. I was SO burnt out after my 3Wheeling Magazine sale and the way I was treated by Ebay I just dropped out of site. I have two buyers for the rest of my collection. BUT...lol....I found two more boxes of Dirt Wheels, 3&4 Wheel Action, SCORE News, Dusty Times. I am cleaning and purging the things from my house that I have collected for the last 30 years. I'm no hoarder and my house is clean! But in the rafters of my garage, I had a bunch of boxes of this old racing stuff. I'll be back to let you guys know what I have.

Robin
    "The older I get, the faster I was!"

--
    I was looking at an old 3 Wheeling magazine and it had a note about Ace in it. Did a google search and ended up here. I remember his accident but didnt hear much more (I know it was a long time ago).
    I used to race with him and the Honda guys mentioned on other pages before they were Honda. I got to race at the Riverside Score race. Even though my ATC seized it was the coolest race ever. My sponsor (KYSH 3 x 4) had some pants made for me with ATC on the legs and everyone from Honda came over and said Where'd you get those we dont even have that. It was such a thrill to come off of the dirt to pavement (tires squealing) and see the stand packed with people (they ran us right before the heavy metal trucks).
    Anybody know where Mike Chester is?
    After my racing career ended I did some race promoting and put on the Mini Baja at Indian Dunes.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //