//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Live 3Wheeling Magazine

--
    Jason, no, not really, but I miss going out into the dunes during the winter and riding with friends. I miss the excerise, camp fires and cook outs. But that's about it. When you do something like test and work on ATVs 24/7 for ten years, and when it was during such a great time for ATCs, going back is not very appealing. Sorry, but that's why I haven't rode a 3-wheeler or Quad since 1988 or so. I think the staff of 3Wheeling (Phil Beckman, Tim Orchard, Matt Hildenberg, Bruce Simurda), and test riders like Tracey Dickson and his dad Bob Dickson, Brett Driscoll and his family, were a super team that work together to produced a superior product. Jim Wright (the late publisher of Wright Publishing), allowed us to do anything we wanted. He backed our race team in Baja and other SCORE races, he paid for the days in the dunes, lobster diners in Baja, and just about anything else you could ask for. It was a great time! Dean

mad_max is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Great Stories Dean! Thanks for sharing them with us.

(If you wanted to run for president I'd bet you'd get a vote from most everybody on this forum :-D )

jason200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Do you have any pictures from rides or off some project atc's you could post for us?

--
    Jason, I have taken well over 500,000 photos of ATVs..... Just look at some of the old issues of 3Wheeling.

--

Kxt 125

Heres a question for you oldfart. There have been some sightings of a KXT 125 piston listed on a couple different places. Is this a typo for a KX 125 piston or was Kaw actually going to produce a 125 T3 ? If they were, did you happen to see any ?

Thanks alot.
    83 YT 175
    85 ALT 125

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Dean,

When you guys were testing aftermarket parts on trikes, any thing in particular that really sticks out in your mind as something that was really cool and a step above the rest?

Billy

--
    Looking back at the four-stroke Hondas, I was always impressed with Curtis Sparks, and his parts. I remember one week, we were testing one cam after another, and then, different carbs for the 200X. After trying everything we could get our hands on, we put his cam and carb on, and that combination was awesome. His mixing of a Mukuni carb with a Kehein needle was original, and worked! His cams were great, and up to the time we started making our own race cams for Baja racing (thanks to Bob Dickson and Crower Cams), his was the best around. I have the utmost respect for Curtis and what he knows about four-strokes. Dean

--
    Hey Oldfart,

This is a bit of a diffrent question, but for all us utility trikers. Was there ever talk about maunfacturing a big utility trike other than the bigred 250 and 200's.

Thanks,

Matt
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    I am almost sure that we rode a 350cc powered Big Red somewhere along the lines. Dean

--
    can you give us the scoop on the 450r prototype?
    85 250sx
    91 polaris trailboss 4x4(sold,what a mistake)
    85 125m

i want a tiger 500 sooooo bad.........

--
    Oh, boy, here we go again. Honda built one prototype (that I know of) and asked a number of riders to give it a whirl (1984?). A number did, and gave them some input, most thought it was fun and fast, but way, way too much for the average rider. And that was about it. It was built from ATC 250R air-cooled parts, with some changes here and there (swingarm, wheelbase, forks, tank, beefed up frame..... nothing special to look at, just a test mule. Dean

--
    the cr 500 is a rocketship to the hospital,but they still produced it.i am surprised that honda didn't put more effort into the 450r.
    85 250sx
    91 polaris trailboss 4x4(sold,what a mistake)
    85 125m

i want a tiger 500 sooooo bad.........

--
    Oldfart, can you give us some insight to the 350 powered bigred please?

Thanks,
    Matt
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    Dean,

It is good to hear from you. I was there from the first issue, and I always enjoyed 3Wheeling much more than any of the me-too rags that came after.

Two questions:

1. Do you know what happened to Mark Wiexeldorfer and his company, Wax On? I've looked on the web and cannot find any reference to him after about 1990.

2. Would you consider telling Bob "Ace" Williams' story? It may prove to be beneficial to some of the younger three wheeler fans.

Thank you for your time,
    Brian

--
    I bumped into Mike Coe today (former Team Honda ATC), at a San Diego swap meet. He still looks the same, and now works on '60s Fords as a hobby. Mark Weixeldorfer did Wax-On for as long as the 3-wheeler market was strong. His dad and him, ran a family business called Lyon's Electronics in National City, CA, and that began to take up most of his time. I think once Mark stopped riding ATCs for the factory, his interest went elsewhere, and since most of his products were for 3-wheelers, his portion of the market began to dry up. That's my take on things anyway.
    Ace.... That's another long story. I will tell that some other time. Dean

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //