//ArrowChat Code
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Live 3Wheeling Magazine

--
    I think the skies the limit back then. Bigger, faster, larger engines, more suspension.... the works. No telling where it could have gone.

--
    3Wheeling stickers go out today for; Thomas, Moore, and Fraedrich. And thanks to Bardshar.

--
    Dean, I recieved my syickers today and I just wanted to thank you again. I really appreciate you taking the time to send stickers to a bunch of strangers.

Thanks, Mark

--
    I got my stickers today and they look great, now I just have to figure out were to put them, oh the possibilities. :-D Thanks again Dean.

-Andrew
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 Tri Zinger(current project)
    1983 Yamaha YTM 200 (rear suspension kit)..... long term project
    2004 BMW R1150R
    1972 Honda CT 70
    2007 Lifan 110

--
    I'm glad all of you guys like the 3Wheeling stickers. They have been sitting up in my garage rafters since 1986ish.... which is about the time we made the first ATC Sports stickies. I once applied one of those sticker to the outside skin of a United Airlines 737 (as I walked through the doorway). The plane then flew from Chicago, IL to San Diego, CA, a crusing speed of 600 miles per hour. When we landed, I checked to see if the sticker was still there.... it was! So, these stickers have been "wind-tunnel" tested up to 600 mph. Not bad glue, I would say.

Wear them in good health. Dean

--
    Guys, I have a few Honda 4-stroke engine tools (mostly for 90/110 but may work on the 200X) that I will never used again. I think there is a flywheel puller, Dickson axle wrench and clutch holder, and maybe a few more. Anyone interested, let me know. Cheap. Dean

--
    Dean. I have enjoyed reading all your posts about the good old days w/ trikes, I hope the stories and info never stops coming.
    I was wondering if you could help me out w/ another topic... VWs. I have 2 older VW streetlegal dune buggies, 1 is a Barrien 902 short-back rail, and the other I am pretty sure is a 70ish Berry Mini-T4 (uncut pan, 4 seat, fiberglass buggie). Do you have any info on the Mini-T4? Any places to check for info on it? If you would like I could send you a few pictures of it, if it would help.

THANKS
    MIK6 / Mike
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

--
    Berrien Buggy is still around, I believe they are based in Berrien Springs, Michigan..... The Berry Mini-T goes way back. No one has parts for this body style any more. Hot VWs ran a story on these back in the late '60s or early '70s. But nothing since. I do see them at shows every now and then. Someone just wrote me with a Berry C-Cab VW kit..... Dean

--
    Hey all, I'm a newbie to 3 wheeler world. Just want to say firstoff what a great job you guys are doing here, keep up the great work! Nice to see a 3 wheeler only dedicated webpage that has some decent content.
    Man, seeing Dean Kirsten in here brings back some great memories when I was a teenager. I'd go through those magazines from page to page and back again - great reading! Glad to see you here Dean! Some quick history on me... I've been into ATV's since 83' when I bought my first YT175 Yamaha, then a 250SX. I later moved into 4 wheelers and raced here in Ontario Canada for several years until packing it in in 93'. I never sold me dream bike - an 85' ATC250R. Still the best looking ATV made in my opinion. This page has given me a good shot in the arm and I plan to restore this beast. It's crazy to think that bike is almost 25 years old!

Sorry to ramble.... I just feel like a kid again!

Kris

--
    Kris, of all the ATVs ever made, if I were to pick one to restore, and one that will increase big time in value, it would have to be the ATC 250R. Which year? Perhaps the first air-cooled.... then first water-cooled models. I can see it now, a fully restored '81 250R at Barrett Jackson Auction in Scotsdale, AZ.

ATCnut is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Dean

Do you have pics of the tools? If so please email to ATCnut@Comcast.net
    ATCnut

82 185s - sold
    83 200x (hopped up)
    84 200x (stock)
    84 70 (lost this one to the DMV)
    85 70 (soon to have lights, a foot brake, and CDI ignition)
    84 200es (parts trike) - sold
    85 350X (the best)
    85 350X (siezed motor, dream of a poweroll kit someday)
    85 250sx (frame was trash, got parted out)
    86 250sx (the tractor)
    86 250sx (a nicer tractor)
    86 250sx (an even nicer tractor)
    87 200x (parts trike, its really rough, a dog was chewing on it for a while)
    87 250es Big Red (the tank!!)

--
    do you got any 350X tools?
    1985 Honda 350X - a lot of performance stuff, everything but a cam, hope to get one soon
    1984 Honda 200ES
    198? Yamaha YT60 Tri-Zinger
    TrikeFest '04 & '07 Survivor

--
    Hey Dean,

Just for kicks, I dug through my magazines (not to conflict, but I have 99% of every Dirtwheels mag from inception to 92') and found my collection of 3Wheeler/ATV Sports mags. Was reading through a May 82' issue, the Parker 400, Dean Sundahl on a custom ATC350R, and of course, the start to Honda's Kickass 3 wheeler advertising campaign. That original 81' 250R with the custom headlight in front of all the buggies (in an advert) looks totally cool. Those were the days!
    Yea, restoring an 81 250R would be awesome. Up here in Canada, they are RARE to even find one beat up. The liquid cool versions are more popular, but anything from the 80's is next to NIL to find including the TRX250R's.
    My 85' was 'restored' in 94', with new Honda plastics and everything. However, I plan on taking it down to the frame and detailing it back to new, and I mean 'new'! Stock everything, and only mint parts will do. These things are going to increase in value, it's only a matter of time. Right now parts are plentiful and people are still beating the crap out of them, which makes the clean units worth more.

I also have some very interesting info on the infamous 87ATC250R that I can't reveal just yet... time will tell.

Hey, any idea where I could get a stock rear axle cleaned and replated like the original nickel plating that comes on them?

Kris

--
    Dean I may be interested in those tools, let me know if they are still available.

--
    Depending on where you live, metal treatment/plating, whether it be chrome, cad (clear or yellow), nickle or black oxide are everywhere, but mostly in the major cities, where the manufacturing is. Here in southern California, finding companies that do these type of coatings for personal/or automotive reasons, is getting tougher all the time. They rather do aircraft or large job-lots, and not small handfuls of nuts and bolts.

For your axle, I would first find a chrome shop, and ask them if they can do nickle, or cadium (I can't rememer if those axles were done in yellow/gold or clear/silver cad). And see what they say. Usually, they have a job minimum, of let's say $40, so, one part will be pricey. Some times, they can tumble the job for less money, and other times, they have to be hand-wired, which costs more money. Dean

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //