//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hey y'all! Brand new her, kinda.

--

Hey y'all! Brand new her, kinda.

Hey, so I registered a while back when I first bought my '86 200x. I put it under a tarp and left it for a while. Today I decided to pull it out and get started on it. I know very little about the bike but couldn't pass up the deal I got on it. I love the thing and I'm excited to get it going. I also think it's gonna look awesome in the back of my restored 91 Toyota. I'll get it out and ride it but probably not a ton. I just want to put it back as close as possible to stock. For the most part it's in good shape though it's missing some plastic and a seat. Some plastic that's on it is cracked and some spiderwebed but most of it just needs a good cleaning. I'll be asking for lots of advice so I hope it doesn't get annoying. I got the motor out of it and started to inventory the few parts that need to be replaced but that's all I've done. Well, that's about all, any suggestions before I get any further?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	237002

--
    Just one. If you're not going to ride it too much, get another one that you will! There's nothing wrong with a garage queen, I'd rather ride mine that have them look pretty!

--
    I'll ride it. I just mean it won't be an every weekend thing. I'd love to have the time to ride more, I just don't.

--
    I know that feeling all too well. I'll bet most of us on here know it as well.

--
    Doesn't $50 seem a little high for an intake for a 86 200x? Anyone have one for cheaper or know where to find one other than eBay?

Also, is this bike rare? Seems like there are lots of 82-85s out there. 86-87 are harder to find.

--
    Parts for the 86-87 200x are harder to find because they were closer to the cessation than the 83-85 first gen. Parts are out there but be ready to get the wallet out. Some NOS parts for the bike command high dollars.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I also have an 86 2oox love that machine, almost as much as my tri-z. I left my old ragged plastics on it though as I don't want to worry about breaking them if I wreck. heres some pics of it for you and that is an 81 honda 250r headlight on it plus I added a keyed ignition switch as well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0704.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	237434Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0781.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	594.8 KB 
ID:	237435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0782.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	626.6 KB 
ID:	237436Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0848.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	237437
    rectum nothin damn near killed them
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
    Doesn't $50 seem a little high for an intake for a 86 200x? Anyone have one for cheaper or know where to find one other than eBay?

Also, is this bike rare? Seems like there are lots of 82-85s out there. 86-87 are harder to find.
    Well the nicer parts can come at a premium. It always seems to happen when a person needs something..........but just making the rounds on eBay weekly can turn up better prices at times.

Thank God for Maier plastics as oem stuff are almost as common as unicorns and if you find them......be prepared to be violently raped with the price.

The second gen 200x is a real nice bike and just feels all around better than its predecessor. There was a member...BigEasy I think.......that made his look real nice for not a lot of money and with Maier plastics. It was on my 200x thread.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...commission-ATC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	237438

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //