//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Bought my first 300EX

--

Bought my first 300EX

I bought this 2005 300EX for 1800 last night ,he was asking 3K . It's low hour but has some scratches on the plastics, mostly just the rear fender. I got it from the original Owner who bought it new in June 2008, he mainly just rode it in his yard and up and down the rode. I have all the original paperwork and title. I looked underneath and there's hardly a scratch anywhere on the frame, this thing is tight and the engine sounds perfect. https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/5825989355.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    They make into a nice trike.

--
    Nope, already have one of those,lol.

--
    Got it cleaned up! Still smell the paint burning off the exhaust, lol.

--
    Very first sport quad I ever owned..a 96 TRX 300EX. I remember how I thought it was such a power house at the time..then the 400EX came out.

--
    That is a very nice condition machine you picked up honda200x1987.
    I really wished Honda had not got away from putting the reverse on the right handle bar (like they had on 250ES + SX). I reversed the reverse lever and made it into a left foot tap for reverse. I don't like taking a hand off of handle bars just to get it into reverse.
    The choke lever was another annoying thing I found. Buried way too deep into frame for easy access so I put a short extension on it for ease of use.

--
    You are exactly right,the choke and reverse is kind of a pain. I have a 86 and 87 TRX200SX and the reverse is easy and Honda should had used that set up. Also they should've used the same choke cable as the SX.. I'm not going to complain, it's a great machine, I wonder if Honda will bring back the 300EX in the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    That is a very nice condition machine you picked up honda200x1987.
    I really wished Honda had not got away from putting the reverse on the right handle bar (like they had on 250ES + SX). I reversed the reverse lever and made it into a left foot tap for reverse. I don't like taking a hand off of handle bars just to get it into reverse.
    The choke lever was another annoying thing I found. Buried way too deep into frame for easy access so I put a short extension on it for ease of use.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //