//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In the spirit of Black Friday: Incredibly Dangerous Toys From the Past

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_downe View Post
    This reminds me of the SNL skit with Dan Akroyd. Irwin Mainway. "We got all kinds of toys. Bag o'Glass, Bag o' nails, Bag o' vipers, Bag o' Sulphric Acid" Can't find the damn video anywhere

Ask and thou shall receive.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...-mainway/n8641

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    Anyone remember SSPs? Great way to burn a hole through a carpet or the skin off your hand.
    Those suckers would go through drywall!
    It sucks to get old

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    ^^^ Sounds like the voice of experience.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Some others they forgot to include are BB guns, Pellet guns, Dart guns, Bangsite cannons, Legends and Nerf Bow and Arrow kits, Nerf Rhino Fire guns, Vac U Form kits, Home Chemistry kits, Skate boards, Roller skates, Ice skates, Baseball bats, Baseballs, Hockey sticks, Erector sets and Gumby, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbojqwr3M3k

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    This reminds me when wifey was pregnant with our only child, a couple wise men gave me a bit of advice. One said to safely introduce our child to as much as possible. The other advised me to teach child responsibility as soon as possible.
    After looking at these old toys scooter brought here, I thought what child's play they really are(minus the toxins). I began thinking of the things my 2 brothers & 3 sisters did.
    What parent in there right mind would give a child something that shoots a projectile and not expect an accident without supervision and/or training. Reminds me when we hovered over our son the first time giving him a butter knife when he was still in a high chair. Eventually he was cutting with a steak knife. In addition, he is attracted to anything that shoots, blows up or catches fire. He's now a wood cutting/nail ing fool. He used a jig saw this week building a B-ball back board. These atc's came to our family with him in mind and he has made us real proud in his decisions.
    He has asked for a couple things we have not approved: shoes with rollers and video game station. Peace out
    Last edited by Jd110; 11-25-2016 at 02:42 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    ^^^ Sounds like the voice of experience.
    Yeah, I guess it is. They quickly became a basement only toy as we had no pavement in our neighbourhood aside from the 65 mile an hour highway out front which for some reason my parents thought we shouldn't be playing on.

If I recall correctly the biggest problem with those things was that the sticks would break and I don't remember Mom being in a hurry to get us any replacements.
    It sucks to get old

--
    My Dad used to suggest that I go "play in traffic".

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    The video's a bit melo-dramatic but I get it, no nanny influence needed here. How about wood burning kits and lawn darts?
    I know, that's why I posted it.

We had wood burning kits when we were young, and Lawn Darts. We didn't start trying to catch them while drinking beer until we were into our teens.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    The other advised me to teach child responsibility as soon as possible.
    When one of us boys (I had 2 brothers) would do something stupid and get hurt, especially if we were told not to or were warned in one way or another, My Dad would say "I bet you won't do that again"
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    My Dad would have said "I bet you won't do that again today".

--

--
    .....and the ol slingshot, thats an assault weapon if there ever was.....of course, we would have one speedy kid on the 185s and be applying crabapples via slingshot at said speedy operator. Paintball wasn't invented yet. O the memories......

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    When one of us boys (I had 2 brothers) would do something stupid and get hurt, especially if we were told not to or were warned in one way or another, My Dad would say "I bet you won't do that again"
    I like your dad, that's one of my favorite's. I'm also partial to "you'll live" & "that will leave a mark". To wipe away any sympathy, there's always "I told you so"

Toaster556 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Maybe a bit before anyone on here's time, but my grandpa asked me to fix up one of his favourite childhood toys, a model steam stationary engine fired by carbide pellets. Looks kinda like this one. He had a little saw mill to go with it, and is missing the very tip of his pinky finger after getting "a bit too close". I'm just kinda shocked that he didn't blow something up!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06eeb6e053c4b717bcdce553bf37e280.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	237420

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster556 View Post
    Maybe a bit before anyone on here's time, but my grandpa asked me to fix up one of his favourite childhood toys, a model steam stationary engine fired by carbide pellets. Looks kinda like this one. He had a little saw mill to go with it, and is missing the very tip of his pinky finger after getting "a bit too close". I'm just kinda shocked that he didn't blow something up!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06eeb6e053c4b717bcdce553bf37e280.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	237420

I've got two of those downstairs. Loved playing with those as a kid/adult!
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //