//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: In the spirit of Black Friday: Incredibly Dangerous Toys From the Past

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    I've got two of those downstairs. Loved playing with those as a kid/adult!
    I assume it helps you blow off a little steam now and then.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I assume it helps you blow off a little steam now and then.
    absofreakinlutely
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    Anyone remember SSPs? Great way to burn a hole through a carpet or the skin off your hand.

I had a ton of those....lol had the starting gate and all sorts of accessories. my two older brothers worked the night shift in a local dept store and would bring home stuff that was returned to the store... I think back then, the stores just dumped it all in the dumpster out back. lol at least they said it was all stuff the store threw out. Maby it was stuff they "threw out" lol...

--
    I had those other sets, i forget what they were called... Monster molds or something? basically you stuck a metal mold on a hot plate, squeezed liquid rubber into it and "baked" it dry.. then you put it in cold water to cool off so you could pry out your new rubber monster or fake scar or busted up eyeball! lol
    Hi temp heat, liquid rubber, a plugged in hot plate and a pan of water. what could possibly go wrong?

--
    Anyone ever go into the woods with BB guns and have a war? lol Or take bottle rockets and roman candles, split up into two teams (armies) and duke it out? fun times!

--
    They don't make roman candles like they used to. They've almost got 'em where they don't even shoot unless they're pointed straight up...

Thank God i had a normal childhood complete with bb guns, fireworks and a woodburning kit. But really, they didn't need to sell dangerous toys, i was allowed to make my own instruments of injury. Including, but not limited to, a sketchy homemade downhill offroad toy made from a 2x12 and 2 4x4s and some high wheel lawnmower tires that you steered with your feet and a rope, as well as an ironing board with skateboard trucks...
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Not really store bought but we used to make potato guns, (in the early eighties) each model we made got better and better. We found out that
    Acorns each fall were the best ammo? Well jump ahead a bunch of years my son wanted in on the action soooo.
    it shoots an acorn about 300ft? At 10lbs pressure
    (I also agree roman candles arent what they used to be)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	237559
    My dad being in construction, supplies were readily availible back then.
    Last edited by Shep1970; 12-07-2016 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    If you're gonna mount it on the mini bike shouldn't it be pointing the other way?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    If you're gonna mount it on the mini bike shouldn't it be pointing the other way?
    Believe me they'd try it if it would work.. That bike is so much fun, just scary with smaller tires going 30mph.
    Last edited by Shep1970; 12-07-2016 at 05:36 PM.

--
    wasn't the easy bake oven made by galoob? until a few years ago? I think they had to stop selling it because it used incandescent light bulbs.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by deathman53 View Post
    wasn't the easy bake oven made by galoob? until a few years ago? I think they had to stop selling it because it used incandescent light bulbs.
    The original Easy Bake Oven was offered by Kenner. https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...0b&action=view

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //