//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 81 atc 250r

--

81 atc 250r

I picked this 81 250r this summer and originally wanted to do a full frame down resto. After taking the trike apart I realized that this old girl is truly a survivor from 81. It has been ridden but never restored and the paint still shined. I could not bring myself to getting the old girl redone. I ended up washing the frame by hand and getting in all the cracks and corners. The bike has a nice shine with out even polishing it. From what I can find on the web this trike is all original other than the plastics and I assume the seat cover as it does not say Honda on the back. The carb on the trike is a 31mm so that is not original but I do have the stock 27 mm in the parts bin. I also added a voltage regulator so the headlight last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Nice trike. I just picked one up myself. I got the maier fenders, but I believe I got the rear oems with it too.

--
    Not bad at all. I have never seen that style headlight guard before on one. Pretty neat addition and I also like the old school Honda Decal on fender! Would be cool to find them stickers. Also the metal chain guard and slider looks to be in good condition...on the 81 it's one of the first things I look at. Seeing the green gasket kit on center cases indicates to me that chances are it's been gone over and rebuilt at least once in its life. Over all very good shape 81. I like the 81 style tires too. Riding one of these first gen models is a heck of an experience...just to think of the engineering advancements made on each model R from 81-86 is pretty cool! Imagine the first impressions of people riding this ATC....talk about paving the way...the 81 models to me are a big favorite of mine. Keep it up!
    Last edited by LetsRideIt; 11-25-2016 at 08:58 PM. Reason: spell error

--
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsRideIt View Post
    Not bad at all. I have never seen that style headlight guard before on one. Pretty neat addition and I also like the old school Honda Decal on fender! Would be cool to find them stickers. Also the metal chain guard and slider looks to be in good condition...on the 81 it's one of the first things I look at. Seeing the green gasket kit on center cases indicates to me that chances are it's been gone over and rebuilt at least once in its life. Over all very good shape 81. I like the 81 style tires too. Riding one of these first gen models is a heck of an experience...just to think of the engineering advancements made on each model R from 81-86 is pretty cool! Imagine the first impressions of people riding this ATC....talk about paving the way...the 81 models to me are a big favorite of mine. Keep it up!
    Good eye I had the engine apart earlier this week as I wanted to give it a once over and refresh the top end. While I was in there I may have ported and polished the cyl . The head light guard is also missing a lower cross bar. one thing that is not on the trike in the pics is the rear skid plate it's on the bench not bent or cracked either. I really like this 81.

--
    That's a sharp looking ride just the way it is. Nice find!
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Well I got to ride jvining's 81 250r today. That was the first time I had ridden an R. It was FUN!!! I think you made a good buy.

--
    Sweet looking ride you got there. Any future mod plans?

--
    Wow. Nice trike. I love seeing all the 81 250 rs showing up on here lately.I love my 81 250r as much as my 85 its a totally different ride for sure.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-29_13-41-00_115.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	237362
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jervin36 View Post
    Sweet looking ride you got there. Any future mod plans?
    I don't have any more mods for this one. I want it to be as close to oem as possible. I do have a 84 on the rack in the shop tho. That one is going to get modded heavily.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonalain View Post
    I don't have any more mods for this one. I want it to be as close to oem as possible. I do have a 84 on the rack in the shop tho. That one is going to get modded heavily.

Starting on the 84 fooler next week

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //