//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Full Suspension 185S

HarrisoN* is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Full Suspension 185S

Picked this up on turkey day morning out of Sacramento, no real history on it other than the guy I got it from had owned for a fair while, the guy he got it from had put the kit on it. Came with a fibreglass whip and old school clymers manual. I had hoped there would be something in the manual jotted down about the guy who built it, any motor work he done and the brand of the kit. Unfortunately zilch, nada... I rode it real quick round the neighbourhood, gearing seems way off, runs well, not overly loud given the aftermarket pipe. No decals or engraving on the kit to id the brand by, trawled all the pages on here and google looking at kits. Few people on facebook through out hi performance but there triples seems to be a more basic construction, so Im skeptical. This thing is somewhat over engineered even to the point of adding a grease nipple on the front axle so doesn't look to be a homemade kit.

Plan to clean it up, add a few more period aftermarket pieces and keep it looking stock honda. Will be my Wifes bike to match my 84 200X.

Il let the pics talk, from the CL ad...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
    Nice find.
    Motor looks stock except the pipe.
    Post better pics of the rear half with the seat off.

*** I like the Silver Bullet Pic *** LOL
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    I agree with Joseph, Can you post more pictures of the swing arm with the fenders off? From what I can see (which isn't a lot) it doesn't look like the swingarm on my suspended 185s. Yours looks like a weld on tubular swing arm. Mine is made out of box steel and is a pk bolt on kit. I remember seeing swingarms like that on these forums. Let me do a little more searching and I'll see if I can find them. I'll also post a picture of my swing arm for reference.

EDIT: Found these

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ull-Suspension

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...uspension-kits

Here is a picture of my pk bolt on swing arm hanging waiting for the paint to dry. It's not the best pic but you can see what I am saying about the different build styles.

Last edited by Hopper055; 11-29-2016 at 07:48 PM.
    1982 ATC185s
    1982 Suspended ATC185s
    1984 ATC70
    1984 ATC 250r
    19?? Motorcraft Three wheeler
    1974 Pacesetter 3
    1984 kawasaki 185
    1977 Atc 90
    1983 ATC 200x

My suspended ATC185s build thread.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...s-Build-Thread

--
    Very cool find, I love that low front fender!
    Baltimore---Charm City, or Harm City? Ask Pat.....

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    ^^^ I agree on the fender. I like it mounted on the lower fork legs! Very cool bike!

--
    more pics for you guys!

--
    i need to fix the rear light mount, unusual hole cut in the frame by the rear seat mount??? wtf?? need a air filter too

--

Figuring it all out.

Hi All,
    I’m new to ATCs and the forum. I was looking for something to ride around my inlaws and found this gem rotting in my cousins backyard. Full disclosure I don’t know much about three wheelers besides having a Honda 70 in my early youth that was gone long before I took an interest in cars and whatnot. Mine is similar to the one that started this post but not exactly the same. If anyone has any tips I’d appreciate input.

Tim

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6im0xg580e...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by OakviewOkie; 08-29-2021 at 10:35 AM.

--
    We need to see some pictures in order to attempt to identify it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //