//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NEEDT Series Rules

--

2017 NEEDT Series Rules

I just looked at the site and saw the rules were posted for next season, I'll copy and paste them here. The only changes I noticed is that air cooled 250 2 strokes are now included in the Lites class and obviously the 200x class.

3 Wheeler/ ATC Classes
    3 Wheelers Pro/am Open (Age 16+) Open cc - Modified (75% payback , 2:1 ratio
    )

3 Wheeler Lites 200/350 - (Age 14+) Modified . CC and Engine Limitations: Engine
    CC Maximum allowed: 200cc maximum Liquid Cooled two stroke engines, Air cooled 2
    stroke motors up to 250cc, liquid cooled 4 stroke motors up to 300cc maximum
    (Example: crf250) and air cooled 4 stroke motors up to 350cc maximum 4 stroke
    (example 350x) .

3 Wheeler Exhibition Class Non-Points
    All Exhibition classes must have more than a minimal riders entered for that class to be included in
    event schedule. If less than required riders enter they may be asked to move to points paying classes for
    that event

3 Wheelers Vintage A (“A” Classification is for Pine Lake only) or Vintage ( Age 15+) Trophy
    (NON Points- exhibition class) Must have 5 or more riders to run this class separately
    or can be combined with 3 Wheeler Open Class or 200/350 class. Vintage - Vintage
    means, "of the era", no modern motors or conversions, as well as upper displacement
    limitations on any machine to stock 250/350X cylinders with over bores. All machines
    should maintain the spirit of the class!

3 Wheelers Vintage B/C ( Age 15+ ) Trophy (NON Points- exhibition classes) This
    class is reserved exclusively for beginner and novice racers. If you win this class you
    must move up in classification. Must have 5 or more riders to run this class separately or
    will be combined with 3 Wheeler Open Class, 200/350 or Vintage. This class will ONLY
    be offered at Pine Lake and/or when there is more than 20 riders signed up for Vintage
    Class

3 Wheeler 200x 4 Stroke ( Age 14+) Trophy NON Points- Exhibition class
    Criteria’s that BOTH are to be met to have this class offered. (1) This class must have
    more than 8 riders signed up or the participants will be moved to the 200/350 Points
    Class for an event and will be scored with that class and will NOT be scored or run
    separately. (2) This class also will only be offered when there is more than 15 riders
    signed up for the 200/350 class as a subdivision NON Points Class offered for that
    classification as these machines for this class should be legal in the 200/350 class which
    is already offered. If either of these criteria’s are NOT met as mentioned above all riders
    will be moved to the 200/350 class for an event.

3 Wheelers Youth (Age 4-14) Trophy (Exhibition)Youth Mini - Age 14 and under,
    125cc max on a mini trike chassis or 110/125 trike chassis. No dirt bike conversions, no
    manual clutch motors. This class may be combined with ATV 50cc or 70cc if less than 5
    riders sign up at an event.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    And here is the updated schedule. I'm going to push this series a lot more than I did last year, I hope to see a lot of new faces out. This is a great series that treats us as equals and is full of great people, you won't be disappointed if you come out
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1480309804312.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	263.9 KB 
ID:	237361
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Thanks for the update Joe.
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    And here is the updated schedule. I'm going to push this series a lot more than I did last year, I hope to see a lot of new faces out. This is a great series that treats us as equals and is full of great people, you won't be disappointed if you come out
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1480309804312.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	263.9 KB 
ID:	237361
    Can you just come to one race? How much is it for one race?
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    2003 Polaris Predator 500
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Thanks so much for your effort and your passion Joe. I'd love to be a regular but I'm just too far away. I hope to make it out to at least one race this year.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt85'350x View Post
    Can you just come to one race? How much is it for one race?
    Sure! Lots of people only make it to 1 or 2 races that are nearby geographically.
    Cost varies depending on track.
    Example - Pine Lake is a flat fee for the weekend, so the earlier you arrive (Thursday for me), the cheaper it is per day.
    Also, some tracks have extra practice sessions that you can pay for.

I'd say $20 per day gate fee / camping and maybe $25 per class to enter would be pretty typical.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    Sure! Lots of people only make it to 1 or 2 races that are nearby geographically.
    Cost varies depending on track.
    Example - Pine Lake is a flat fee for the weekend, so the earlier you arrive (Thursday for me), the cheaper it is per day.
    Also, some tracks have extra practice sessions that you can pay for.

I'd say $20 per day gate fee / camping and maybe $25 per class to enter would be pretty typical.
    Very cool. Milan is really close for me so it'd be worth seeing what it's about.
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    Matt, Yes, like Tim said, most people only make one or 2 races. I won't be able to hit them all, but I'll make as many as I can. The gate fee is determined by the track and varies, like Tim said, but the class entry fees are the same every track. Here's the track information page with prices http://ne-edt.com/track-information.html and I looked and saw that open class is $40 to enter and all other trike classes are $30

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Like Bill said...
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I knew that. Lol. My bad. I called him Tim to his face a couple times in his own house a couple weeks ago too

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    I knew that. Lol. My bad. I called him Tim to his face a couple times in his own house a couple weeks ago too
    Our mom does it all the time too.

Now let's get this thread back on the tracks. What other questions do you guys have???

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Thanks so much for your effort and your passion Joe. I'd love to be a regular but I'm just too far away. I hope to make it out to at least one race this year.
    Bud Fisher's Pine Lake in Ashtaboooola, OH!
    That event (in my mind) is quickly catching, and could conceivably surpass, TrikeFest as the most fun event of the summer.
    You personally know how much I LOVE TrikeFest, so this is a pretty big statement for me to make.
    If 3WW / Trikefest had an All-Star game, this would be it.
    Alas, there is no river, but a quick dip in Pine Lake can be just as rewarding.

--
    Looking forward to meeting some of you guys at Paradise this next year.Im planning to race the 250 vintage class. Maybe 200 class.
    250r rules

--
    Keister,

Do you race your 400x? If so what class do you put it in? What class would a 350x with a 400ex engine go in? Looking at the rules it would go in the open class but I would get eaten alive in there and if I'm only coming for one race I'm not exactly after the series. Could I race in the Lites? Would the signup people know the difference from one 350x to mine? I know it's a long ways off and my machine isn't ready yet but you did ask for questions! I've never raced before so I definitely don't want to go against the 450 conversions and other various power houses.
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    You would have to race open class with a 400ex motor. Technically. At some of the smaller races people who were beginners and no risk for winning would sign up in a class their trike didn't qualify for. We had a couple big bore 250rs sign up in lights at wadesboro last year that were just looking to get a little track time, no one said anything. I signed up for the 2 stroke class with my tecate 500 last year, but ended up racing vintage with it because no one sense signed up for the class. At a smaller race like Milan I don't think anyone will say anything as long as you don't place high, but a big race like Pine Lake it would be a no no

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //