//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: looking at a tri z

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    But ....butt butt what brand do you recomend ?????
    You should look into one of the Suzuki ALT 125 models, nuff said!

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Here's some Tri Z footpegs that are currently available . They are made by Wicked Metal Designs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-1986-Ya...-/301591148722

You can also possibly still get a billet aluminum stator cover like the one 3 Wheel Drive has and an aluminum Sprock head etc if you want t make it flashy . A few people here know what cool parts are available for these and where to get them.

http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/index....product_id=180

If you get it and decide you want to make it faster, a few people here like YTZ drew can tell you how to do that . Also look at the link below for engine mod info . At the bottom of each page in very small print it will say "continue" . Click on that to view the next page.

http://www.quadpit.com/mags/1985/3-4...port-tri-z.htm

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Go on youtube. type in Bryan Raffa he has a video on there showing how to do the repair.
    250r rules

Queef Chief is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

looking at a tri z

Quote Originally Posted by jonolanracin View Post
    The foot pegs dont crack its just they dont have enough threads in frame .
    I stepped up one size and drilled/tapped for fine thread bolt and never had a problem since. Granted I'm not roosting mine over huge jumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Queef Chief View Post
    I stepped up one size and drilled/tapped for fine thread bolt and never had a problem since. Granted I'm not roosting mine over huge jumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ill definitely be jumping it. the tecate saw some good air when I had it.
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    The main issue with the foot pegs is letting the bolts get loose. If you ride and they loosen up the nut welded inside the frame breaks off. I have 1 frame with this problem, I asked Raffa at trike fest if he had any plates made to fix this and he was out at the moment. But said he'll get more made. now that it's winter rebuild time i'll have to see if he has made more.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverLift View Post
    The main issue with the foot pegs is letting the bolts get loose. If you ride and they loosen up the nut welded inside the frame breaks off. I have 1 frame with this problem, I asked Raffa at trike fest if he had any plates made to fix this and he was out at the moment. But said he'll get more made. now that it's winter rebuild time i'll have to see if he has made more.
    Ill be sure to check them every ride.
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Here's some Tri Z footpegs that are currently available . They are made by Wicked Metal Designs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-1986-Ya...-/301591148722

You can also possibly still get a billet aluminum stator cover like the one 3 Wheel Drive has and an aluminum Sprock head etc if you want t make it flashy . A few people here know what cool parts are available for these and where to get them.

http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/index....product_id=180

If you get it and decide you want to make it faster, a few people here like YTZ drew can tell you how to do that . Also look at the link below for engine mod info . At the bottom of each page in very small print it will say "continue" . Click on that to view the next page.

http://www.quadpit.com/mags/1985/3-4...port-tri-z.htm

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
    Ill eventually mod it just want to put the right colors back on it first then go from there. I still haven't seen it yet until friday. Apparently its "perfect condition" just different colors.
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I gotta get me some of those UnhingedATV foot pegs... that will make things much nicer on the trails
    1983 Selvy 300R - Check out the Build Thread
    1985/86 Tri-Z - Build Thread Coming Soon
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

Youtube Channel "Lowe Off Road"

- Brandon

--
    Well I got it and its pretty ugly. I gotta strip it down get the correct colors back on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161210_152109.jpg  
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    I like the Make America Great Again theme going on with it! Have you ridden it much?
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatcs View Post
    I like the Make America Great Again theme going on with it! Have you ridden it much?
    Just around it has a blown shock so handles bad. Got an extra one with it but doesn't look much better. Plus its kinda cutting out in the higher rpm.
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 6spdls1z28 View Post
    Just around it has a blown shock so handles bad. Got an extra one with it but doesn't look much better.
    A lot of people here seem adamant about using 3WW member onformula1 for suspension work, however I suggest Race Tech to people that need it. I would call them and possibly another rebuilder and use the one you feel most comfortable with.

For anything from a simple oil change to complete rebuilding or revalving of your original shock or forks, Race Tec Suspension can do it all at very competitive prices . . Their labor cost to clean and rebuild most shocks is only $100.00.

They also sell a book which explains how suspension works and it also offers setup tips etc.

http://racetech.com/page/title/Suspension%20Bible

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    A lot of people here seem adamant about using 3WW member onformula1 for suspension
    That changed during your last ban. Turns out he's about as reliable as a Tecate stator.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    That changed during your last ban.
    I'm truly flattered to have you trolling me as my own personal stalker, however, as I mentioned earlier today and also prior to that on a few occasions, I really think you should get some professional help for this unhealthy and unnatural obsession and start obsessing about someone from the opposite sex . You have made comments about me in at least 6 different posts in the last day and a half . If this isn't obsessive behavior, I don't know what is.

Geez barn what's the prob....I'd be happy to get any type of attention from anyone!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //