//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 85 200x gas tank swap??

Newrider is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

85 200x gas tank swap??

Just noticed that my gas tank is leaking and on fleaBay most tanks that are in decent condition are expensive so if I was gonna pay that price I could just get a Clark tank and be done with the worry.. But 220$ is steep.. My question is can any other year or model tank fit on? I also am getting ready to get a 86 250r front fender and my trike never came with a fender so I don't have the hardware to mount it ..hardware store or do I have to resort to fleabay and spend 25$ ?

--
    I wouldn't take the chance on a part like that from fleabay id do the clarke tank. Plus if your doing the 250r front fender the red tank if you get red, could do a cool 250r scheme. Im doing an 87 250r scheme on my 350x.
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    I'm kinda leaning that route on the Clark tank.. I noticed my paint bubbling off on the bottom rear of the tank months ago and tonight I was changing out my throttle cable and the leak was now noticeably wet and dripping and alot of the fleabay tanks had rust spots on that exact spot and rust in the tanks, will decals stick on the plastic tanks?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Newrider View Post
    I'm kinda leaning that route on the Clark tank.. I noticed my paint bubbling off on the bottom rear of the tank months ago and tonight I was changing out my throttle cable and the leak was now noticeably wet and dripping and alot of the fleabay tanks had rust spots on that exact spot and rust in the tanks, will decals stick on the plastic tanks?
    Decals will stick but there is something you have to put in the tank I can't think right now, beer..... maybe someone can answer that. The plastic tanks like to vent making decals bubble.
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    You may be able to find the bolts and a suitable washer at the hardware store, I doubt you'd find the grommets or flanges.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...DER/parts.html
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    If the exterior of your tank is good, have you thought about using a tank sealer? I've had good results with a product from "Caswell Electroplating". Done 2 Honda CB metal tanks and a aftermarket fiberglass tank.

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	237506
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    I just ordered a quart of red kote shipped it was about 25$ so it will give me till Friday to prep the tank.. It's in pretty good condition I've read pretty good reviews and I watched a couple videos so I'm going to give it a shot maybe I'll use some jbweld on the outside were the seam in is after I get it all prepped and then seal the inside up with the red kote and hope for the best, worse case scenario after the holidays I'll get a new Clark tank, thanks for all the reply's

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    For the record if you get a plastic tank decals will stick but you must perforate them first.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Cool that's good to know.. I wonder if anyone makes them already perforated, if not it seems like a pretty good idea

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    If not just buy a hole punching tool. That's what I did.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Use your local fastenal they can get you any fasteners you need, i have also had luck getting grommets with them.

--
    Thanks.. I don't have anything to go by but a picture of what I need I don't know what size I need, maybe I'll just spend the 20$ and be done with it,, I don't want too but I will

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    New fender or used?

All new parts would cost you 50 from partzilla.

On ebay the term "good usable part" means different things to different people. IMHO 50.00 of nice new parts doesn't equal 30+ year old rusty bolts and washers and rubber grommets that may last a week, maybe a year, who knows?

In my experience fastenal is expensive.

The bolts are a 6mm dia X 25mm long flange bolt. You will need to figure out the thread pitch. I may, I repeat, MAY, be able to tell you the thread pitch tomorrow if I don't work OT and I get home at a decent time

The washers are 6.5mm ID X 25mm OD X 1.5mm thick. You could use an "American" fender washer that fits as close to the bolt as possible with an OD that matches the rubber bushing.

The above parts I can get at my local Hardware Hank, maybe, maybe Home Depot or Menards depending on your local stores selection.

The rubber bushings I don't have the dimensions for. I highly doubt you'll find them at your local hardware store. Maybe McMaster-Carr. I would have to see if I have some in my spare parts, or take the fender off of my 200S and measure one. See my comment about OT above.

The flange washers? ( Number 3 in the parts diagram I linked above) I highly doubt you'd find them at your local hardware store either. Maybe, maybe McMaster-Carr again. Since my internet sucks burro balls currently and takes eternity to load pages, I can't look right now.

The bolts are probably .10 +/- at my HH, the washers maybe another .10-.14.

If I get home at a decent time and my internet doesn't suck tomorrow, maybe I can find the other parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I just did a screenshot of all the info you sent me and it's a new maier 250r front fender.. Would thread pitch really matter if it all matched up OK?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //