//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 big red

--

Question 85 big red

Bought a nice clean 250 yesterday. Found a pin hole in the tank this morning. Removed the tank and pet cock and can't get the inside filter out. I have destroyed it now. What am I missing, shouldn't it just pull out the bottom. Going to repair the tank of I can get this filter out. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks for letting me join...

--
    If there's a pin hole (from rust?) maybe there's enough crap built up around the filter that it's stuck in there. Not sure how to get it out.

--
    Right. But it should just come out through the bottom right? Thanks..

--
    Yes, the filter should come out from the bottom, but unfortunately they never "just slide out". Most of the time these petcocks have never been removed, and the filter is stuck in there from years of gunk build up. All the ones that I've removed ended up being damaged while pulling out with needle nose pliers.
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Pull it out the bottom . If its damaged , just go for it . It will come out . There are two rubber inserts inside the filter that control , fuel flow . Full tank and reserve .

--
    I got it out and have the new tank on. It works but I'm thinking I need to clean the carb. When I get down on it it'll bog just a little. Going to start with a new plug first.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //