//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New to the Fourm, and have a 185s trike issue

--

New to the Fourm, and have a 185s trike issue

Hello all! I joined this forum because I have a 1982 honda 185s threewheeler. Until now I have been able to figure out all the issues and repair them myself, but this one may be over my head.

I was riding the trike for the first time in several months with no issues. Started up right away and ran well. After a day or 2 it began to sputter and die while running. In addition the pull rope became nearly impossible to pull. I assumed the carb was dirty and proceeded to do the normal cleaning routine. When I put everything back together I was unable to get the engine to start because I could not pull the pull start rope out at all without ripping it out of my hand. So i decided that there was something broken inside the recoil start assembly(which I have rebuilt already once in the past) but found it worked flawlessly when removed from the flywheel. What else could be preventing me from turning over the engine? I fear it may be damage to the valves or camshaft, but hoping maybe there is something more simple that it could be. I already know the decompression level does not work because I am missing the decompression spring and can not find a replacement short of buying a whole new pull start assembly. I also know that the decompression lever hasnt worked for years and wasnt an issue except to make me work a little harder to get it started.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

--
    Hey. Pop the plug out and see if it will pull over. Simple test. Make sure the kill switch is on

Did you find anything when you took the carb apart(?)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //