//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC Insurance - Where do you get it?

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

ATC Insurance - Where do you get it?

Hi, I am looking to get insurance for my trike. Its just a 200M, so its not a sports trike, and I have it titled in my name if that makes a difference. I am basically looking for liability insurance, not so much for theft or fire, but it might be nice to have that too.

The insurance company we use says they can do it for $250-300ish per year. They say they are the only company that still insures trikes. I don't think that is accurate. So, what I am wondering is, where can I get this insurance, but cheaper? I have seen people on this forum that have it for a lot less than $300 a year. I don't use it much, so I don't want to be paying much on insurance, but still want to be able to go for a ride without fear of getting nailed with huge medical bills if I have an accident. If I could I would like to have this cover other people as well.

Thanks
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    I insure mine through Progressive. I carry basic liability as required by NY State to ride public trails. I pay about $160 per year to carry liability on four trikes and one quad.

Basic liability insurance will not cover personal injury to you as the operator should you have an accident, it only covers property damage and personal injury you may cause to others.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    x2, progressive is who I use as well.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    In British Columbia I pay $83/year for basic liability coverage coverage (damages up to $200,000) through Johnston-Meier, one trike. The most popular third party insurance provider up here, Beacon, won't cover three wheelers.
    Last edited by EPOCH6; 12-08-2016 at 10:33 AM.
    1982 Honda ATC200E Big Red
    1987 Chevrolet Scottsdale R10

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I checked on it for my bikes and it was way to expensive to mess with. I have never needed it to ride trails so I have never worried about it I guess. It would be cheaper for me to replace stolen bikes than pay insurance on them. The insurance I have at home is a Mossburg 590 staggered with slug and shot shells and a bayonet in case I run out of ammo lol!! I hate thieves with a passion!!!

bobr is offline First Time Rider Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

insurance

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    Hi, I am looking to get insurance for my trike. Its just a 200M, so its not a sports trike, and I have it titled in my name if that makes a difference. I am basically looking for liability insurance, not so much for theft or fire, but it might be nice to have that too.

The insurance company we use says they can do it for $250-300ish per year. They say they are the only company that still insures trikes. I don't think that is accurate. So, what I am wondering is, where can I get this insurance, but cheaper? I have seen people on this forum that have it for a lot less than $300 a year. I don't use it much, so I don't want to be paying much on insurance, but still want to be able to go for a ride without fear of getting nailed with huge medical bills if I have an accident. If I could I would like to have this cover other people as well.

Thanks
    Progressive $60/yr for a 350X
    Parting out 1984 200X and 1985 200X

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //